◄►469 Patch Discussions◄►

Discussions about UT99
Neon_Knight
Adept

◄►469 Patch Discussions◄►

Post by Neon_Knight »

Yay!

What can I say? It's an honor to contribute to something as historic as this.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: ◄► Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release ◄►

Post by EvilGrins »

According to OldUnreal, this isn't complete. They made an initial release but they're still working on it.

I'll hold of until they announce a final release.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

469a is final.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:01 pm 469a is final.
OldUnreal Patch Repository for Unreal Tournament (99) wrote:Patch releases hosted here are considered stable enough for widespread use, but they are by no means a finished product. We still release updates on a regular basis.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:12 pm
papercoffee wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:01 pm 469a is final.
OldUnreal Patch Repository for Unreal Tournament (99) wrote:Patch releases hosted here are considered stable enough for widespread use, but they are by no means a finished product. We still release updates on a regular basis.
469a is final 469b will be the next version.
To all the people who think "but what if this patch will break my UT" make a backup!!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:30 pmTo all the people who think "but what if this patch will break my UT" make a backup!!
Reviews about it are ongoing · https://hofgamingclan.com/forums/viewto ... =503#p3395

There's no rush, I can wait.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I know this isn't the place for bug reports but I have an issue that may be my PC or a bug, so I'd like to get some feedback on something that may be being overlooked before making a bug report ?

Those of you that used the exe to install should see the updated config info in the main ini and in the default.ini.
Can you please confirm that all the sections have been updated by comparing to the default.ini in the patch distro ?

In my case it has not.
Some new missing entries have been added, but existing ones remain the same (both ini files).
e.g. I still have the original masterserver entries and the cache size is still 4MB.
Window sizes and default renderers have not been updated.

If any others see similar behaviour this is worth adding as a bug report in github, but if this is just some weirdness with my win 10 laptop I will just do all the edits myself and shrug.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So this is the announcement place. Then it comes the bugs show. IT works, Doc, but it's crashing later, lol. If INI would be corrupted it wouldn't work at all, lol logic.
Okay, I'll wait version b.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

UnrealED is terribly broken, can only save defaulttextured maps, otherwise crashes or when resaving existing map it tries to save every package group separately.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:09 pm UnrealED is terribly broken, can only save defaulttextured maps, otherwise crashes or when resaving existing map it tries to save every package group separately.
papercoffee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 pm
AND EVEN THE MOST IMPORTANT:

Bug Reports are entered here!!

This thread is not the place for complains and reporting issues. All of this belongs into the list of bugs on github.
Thank you.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

hshs thx

Some double standards here right? It's unthinkable to crtiticize "big releases" that you choose to put forward but its okay to post bug reports elsewhere?

Hypocrites. I am not going to register somewhere on github or whatever. YOU DO WITH THIS INFORMATION WHAT YOU PLEASE.

LITERALLY I GET PICKED ON AGAIN WHILE THERE WERE ALREADY POSTS ABOUT BUGS.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Only sektor2111 mentioned something not working correct.
You can also post at Oldunreal.

You can't expect that the devs will look into all forums to collect the bug reports.
Be so kind and help the devs by posting bugs either at github or Oldunrel.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

No, I don't expect them to. I simply mentioned this. Besides last time I looked my login was disabled on oldunreal.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:58 pm Only sektor2111 mentioned something not working correct.
Huh ?
Diego had other sort of issues too and ALSO I'm NOT GOING to leave TRAILS at GitHub only for ONE thing neither subscribing for each thing to another forum. BTW, GitHub was hacked some time ago, no worries...
Also I could see some skins problem with this new thing, maybe you can avoid saying "only sektor2111" because it's not exactly like that.

After some private messages I understood that old compilers were badly borked making UT to work and even affecting bugs by making them to not take place - bugging the bugs so to speak... When compilers are more wrapped and cleaned, code generated is the true code, old bugs are suddenly showing up from nowhere being executed exactly as they are. This is what was happening with UT.
And then ? And then EVERYTHING needs to be carefully examined and not only added sanity checks but the general timing must be examined well: Garbage Collector, Map-Switch, Rendering during this time, Audio parts and not the last thing, network state during map-switch and not only map-switch stage. I won't say it's an easy work... These need time for being clarified.