◄► Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release ◄►

General Announcements about Unreal Tournament and UT99.org
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: ◄► Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release ◄►

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:03 pm

So I've seen videos of this thing after it's been applied to UT, and they look great, but I'm not getting it.

Seems more trouble than it's worth. Glitches galore!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:48 pm

EvilGrins wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:03 pm
It's up to you obviously. From my personal experience of using it I would say "glitches galore" is somewhat over-egging it - there are glitches sure and they are only to be expected but not everyone gets them - and, of course, those glitches are being fixed. Once 469b is publicly released then it is probably worth at least trying it out and running it alongside another version to compare it - it certainly would be advantageous if one has a modern 'machine'.

RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:38 pm

OjitroC wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:48 pm
EvilGrins wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:03 pm
It's up to you obviously. From my personal experience of using it I would say "glitches galore" is somewhat over-egging it - there are glitches sure and they are only to be expected but not everyone gets them - and, of course, those glitches are being fixed. Once 469b is publicly released then it is probably worth at least trying it out and running it alongside another version to compare it - it certainly would be advantageous if one has a modern 'machine'.
The problem is a lot of rented servers can't run the new patch because the host disallows changing core system files, so now you have players on the new patch playing on a server with 451 patch or earlier. Nearly crashes on every map change and random in game crashes. To fully implement this new patch server hosts and the developers need to coordinate the releases. Not sure if this is possible, but a pop up in game to direct players to new patch should be implemented.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:31 pm

RocketJedi wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:38 pm
The problem is a lot of rented servers can't run the new patch because the host disallows changing core system files, so now you have players on the new patch playing on a server with 451 patch or earlier. Nearly crashes on every map change and random in game crashes. To fully implement this new patch server hosts and the developers need to coordinate the releases.
I went ahead against some rules which NfoServers had with regard to stock repositories and "restore task" - because I DON'T NEED original stock in UT'99 servers which I do - if you want a stable server with Monsters and Bots, stock assets ARE NOT an answer. However, if they are taking extra-measures and doing "updates" capable to do a mess then... good luck with servers... these newer "solutions" are not what I expected and neither these habits of them in creating "install repositories" based on private links because one or two empty servers in majority of time are running for a while (before crashing or getting stuck)...
I spent too much time with sorting and writing patches in order to gain stability and not for facing new troubles.