Downtime at Saturday 11:30 PM GMT +0 for 2h

General Announcements about Unreal Tournament and UT99.org
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Downtime at Saturday 11:30 PM GMT +0 for 2h

Post by Shade »

Attention! The server will be down at Saturday 10:30 PM GMT +0 for ~2h!

The Operating System of the rootserver will be updated. :)
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
verticube
Novice

Re: Downtime at Saturday 11:30 PM GMT +0 for 2h

Post by verticube »

the downtime is over. finally.

you probably noticed that the update took us much longer than we expected. after rebooting the system we couldn't access the services anymore. we knew that the server was running but it was not responding to any of our commands. this was the worst case of anything i had imagined - and it was the only case i wasn't properly prepared for. really n00bish, i know..

we had to wait for our system provider to get access to the rescue system. apparently the kernel did not work the way it should, so i had to replace it with a new one.

okay, so the server booted up properly then. fine. but after short time we noticed that the virtual hosting system for the websites was totally screwed up. thanks to a little change in the config directives of the new webserver version it did not distinguish anymore between the many websites that are hosted on this machine.

guys, i'm really sorry for the inconvenience and i hope this won't happen a second time.

- verticube [sys admin]
verticube
Novice

Re: Downtime at Saturday 11:30 PM GMT +0 for 2h

Post by verticube »

our server was subject to an attack that led to an absurd huge traffic amount passing through the networking interface (about 5 gb per 10 min), so we were forced to take it off for a time. i hope these downtimes won't get usual. our server was running flawlessly for over six months until the os upgrade - so guys, keep your fingers crossed that something like this won't happen again for a long long time.

regards,
verticube [sys admin]