Why UT COULD get a "small" engine upgrade Comment Thread

General Announcements about Unreal Tournament and UT99.org
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Re: Why UT COULD get a "small" engine upgrade Comment Thread

Post by TheDane »

hmm ... ain't it too much work to do considering the few players that are left in the game?
Retired.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

TheDane wrote:hmm ... ain't it too much work to do considering the few players that are left in the game?
I guessed right. In the moment I saw you have posted here, I already had a strange feeling and I was fully right. You must really love trolling, do you? You give yourself a hard time...
BTW: You did not get the point anyway. With the release of 227g the ut community could "force" epic for giving permission for a ut patch port as well. And now put two and two together ...

Edit: Seriously, why do you bother about that? I mean you are not "wasting" yout time with that...
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
iloveut99
Skilled

Post by iloveut99 »

Multiple timer functions would be interesting, like in ut3.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UE3:Actor_ ... 9#SetTimer
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Creavion wrote:
TheDane wrote:hmm ... ain't it too much work to do considering the few players that are left in the game?
I guessed right. In the moment I saw you have posted here, I already had a strange feeling and I was fully right. You must really love trolling, do you? You give yourself a hard time...
BTW: You did not get the point anyway. With the release of 227g the ut community could "force" epic for giving permission for a ut patch port as well. And now put two and two together ...

Edit: Seriously, why do you bother about that? I mean you are not "wasting" yout time with that...
It was an innocent question m8, why so touchy about it? Tell me, how many active players do you think is left in the UT community? Now, add that to the FACT that whenever something new and revolutionary gets made and servers launched with it, the players just stay on they "good old servers".

That's why i asked that question, not to offend you, I would have been more agressive if that was the case .... you know me .... :tu:
Retired.
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

Ha. There's plenty of people who still play UT, and I have strong reasons to believe that there's also a large number of people who'd happily return to UT should there be any mods that catch their attention. It's not just about catering to the few remaining players, it's about bringing in new ones, or the old ones who've moved on to other games.

Moreover, was it too much work for Epic to release the titan pack when UT3's player numbers are barely larger than those of UT99? Your question would insinuate that you don't really care about the longevity of the game.
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

[did]Madis wrote: If you don't care about the game or the community, then why do you even bother posting, seriously?
good question? maybe i just like the attention?

About the Titan pack? what Titan pack? .... oh .. it must have come out after i quit playing ut3 ... which will be about 2 or three days after i tried it? .... mmm .... so, was this packages before their million MB patch or after? ... I bet you they had it made before releasing the game and just didn't want it to go to waste.

:tu:

truth be i did care about this game once, but hey i still do, i just don't care for most of the people left in it.
Retired.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

This if it does happen would breath new life into an excellent game indeed :)

I am quite excited.

hopefully this will come about before xmas :)

will stay tuned.
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Creavion wrote:With the release of 227g the ut community could "force" epic for giving permission for a ut patch port as well. And now put two and two together
Creav, could you expand on that a little? I'm interested in what you were implying might happen.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

gopostal wrote:
Creavion wrote:With the release of 227g the ut community could "force" epic for giving permission for a ut patch port as well. And now put two and two together
Creav, could you expand on that a little? I'm interested in what you were implying might happen.
Thanks for the interest, but I am sorry, not for *let me count* around 4 poeple. I needed some hours to write that stuff, believe it or not. Its just not worth the time.

And no, I can not say there anything atm to THAT topic. Just wait. (as like me)

@Wises: I just hope some more will accept that like you. (in case)
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

Creavion wrote:
gopostal wrote:
Thanks for the interest, but I am sorry, not for *let me count* around 4 poeple. I needed some hours to write that stuff, believe it or not. Its just not worth the time.
Implying everyone who're interested also post in comment threads. I guarantee 90% of the people who've read it aren't just the kind of people who post randomly, but that doesn't mean they're uninterested.

A couple of days ago I reposted and linked some of the things you said here on a certain very popular anonymous video game discussion board, and people there were more than interested in the old UT getting some life into it. (I did the same before I decided to fully commit myself for NR mapping, and to my surprise, that same community seemed to very much like the idea of a multiplayer UT mod where you race nuclear rockets)

If you can find a few hours now and then to make maps for UT, then you should be able to find some hours to inform people better, trust me, it's worth it. You can't generate enough levels of interest without giving us all the information you have. Just write it up here and I'll help as best as I can to spread it and generate more interest in various communities I'm a part of. It's all I can do right now for the game, aside from mapping and helping out with new mods.
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Nope, sry. I am not that optimistic to believe that in any situation. Although its somehow understandable, so far (?) it does not concern UT. With a possible ut port I will try it again/will continue it.
About to be non-active
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Why waste my (and by extension your) time with innuendo and speculation if you have no desire to expand on it? I was honestly interested but now I think I was just given the "piss off, you aren't in the club" response.

Seriously it takes you "some hours" to bang out a few lines? And dude I've spent all evening many times helping a single person, let alone four. It won't kill you, it's called goodwill. Some people even <gasp> believe it leads to friendship and camaraderie.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

gopostal wrote:Why waste my (and by extension your) time with innuendo and speculation if you have no desire to expand on it? I was honestly interested but now I think I was just given the "piss off, you aren't in the club" response.

Seriously it takes you "some hours" to bang out a few lines? And dude I've spent all evening many times helping a single person, let alone four. It won't kill you, it's called goodwill. Some people even <gasp> believe it leads to friendship and camaraderie.
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?p=24781&f=1#p24781
Somebody else wrote already a small summary on bu... I already posted the link.

And insulting me like that is pointless. I already invest a lot of time for 227g testing. And if I say a lot, I mean it. Everybody else would ask me, if I would have something like a real live (I am doing this as long as I still can, very soon in some weeks my time will get short). Smirftsch is very happy about my testing service and already stated, I should have joined sooner. If that thingy could be ported, it will benefit you all. Some people should really reconsider their rude behaviour here ...The world pays with ingratitude. Now I know how Smirftsch sometimes feels...

And now back to topic...

I am still willing to answer some (smaller) questions, just not to continue that "feature report" anymore ... for now .. I hope this is understood.

Edit: Read page 3, a small misunderstanding.. I wonder why nobody else told me ...
About to be non-active
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

gopostal wrote:Why waste my (and by extension your) time with innuendo and speculation if you have no desire to expand on it? I was honestly interested but now I think I was just given the "piss off, you aren't in the club" response.

Please watch your language. Constructional(!) critism is okay and wanted, but please avoid useless provocation.
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

For what is the feature "Dirty shadows" supposed to be? Is it useful for clouds?

I can't wait for the upgrade, if there is one for UT. :o
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.