What happened the last days!?

General Announcements about Unreal Tournament and UT99.org
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

What happened the last days!?

Post by Shade »

Dear community,

As most of you may have noticed, we experienced some serious problems since august 13. Unfortunately, just a few hours after our new server went online, the data center closed our port due to an error in the automated management system.
But now, all should be right and i can start with updating the site.

I hope your time wasnt too bad without UT99.org the last days. :P
Anyways, welcome back!
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: What happened the last days!?

Post by Feralidragon »

So that's what happenned :loool:

Well, it wasn't so bad, since that happenned now during almost everyone's vacations, it would be bad if it happenned in a very active week.
lauren
Skilled

Post by lauren »

Now i have somewhere to go to again :) :highfive:
LT
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

UT99.org raised from his unholy grave :twisted:

but for me it was annoying :o still on holiday and no UT99.org :( glad it is back :D
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Good that everything's back on track now. I was a little bit worried though.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

I'm just glad that it's online again.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Cool! That program (5UP3R_H4X_WRECK_EVERYTHING.trojan.virii) I developed and was tweakin' a week ago seemed to have worked! lol Just kidding.
verticube
Novice

Post by verticube »

okay guys,

first of all i should mention that i'm the one who manages the server where this site is hosted on.

well, perhaps you may have wondered what happened in the last hours. and so did we - shade & me - too. the server went on again today at 12:37 cest (which is 10:37 utc) after 18 hours of unavailability. our service provider claimed it was the fault of the data center that houses this server. the management of the data center then published the following explanation that i translated for you (anyway, i'm not a native english speaker, so excuse any mistakes).

"Durch den unauthorisierten Lasttest durch einen USV Techniker einer Fremdfirma wurde das komplette Stromnetz im Rechenzentrum lahmgelegt. Als der Strom wieder verfügbar war funktionierten die Server größtenteils noch nicht, da die Switche durch den Stromausfall die Konfiguration verloren hatten und daher die VLans nicht zugewiesen werden konnten."

"because of an unauthorized stress test by an ups [= uninterruptible power supply] technician of an external company the whole power supply system in the data center fell out. when the power supply was available again, the servers still did not work as the switches lost their configuration due to the blackout and so the vlans could not be assigned."

well, we - and especially me - are very very sorry for this inconvienience. i hope you don't have the impression that our team is not able to provide a stable and reliable platform for ut99.org. this really should be the last time that we are offline for such a long time without any preceding announcement.

trust me, if this should happen one more time in the near future, we will change our service provider as soon as possible.

regards,
verticube
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I imagined that was the service once again, I think we all know that's not your fault :tu:
But thanks for the explanation.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Also thanks for the explanation. Dont worry ;) all servers has sometimes his troubles/problems. So dont worry
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission