Searching for popular CTF Map

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
FXANBSS
Skilled

Re: Searching for popular CTF Map

Post by FXANBSS »

Why everything looks blue... :what:
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Gustavo6046 wrote:I will path it and send the result later.
Uhh can you put in then normal weapons too? :)
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I have found two CTF maps which does not work correctly with Nali Weapons 3 because where all the weapons are spawned both weapon types are available at the same time (Nali Weapon 3 + Standard Weapon). Is it possible to change them to standard weapon spawn points as in all the other CTF maps (that there is only one type of weapon)? I have never edited maps, so when somebody likes to do it, it would be great (in case he is allowed to do it).

Map 1:
DWellers http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/ ... ellers.zip

Map 2:
Big-Wells http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/ ... -wells.zip

Another comment to the Map CTF-Blasted:
I have tested many many many CTF Maps in the last days but it is the one and only map that won't work on my server, although I can play it on other server. It's a crazy thing, I have fresh UT Installation as client and on serverside deactivated almost all mutators and mods. It seems I have to do with sorcery :lol2:

EDIT: Hm, in the readme of the maps you can read: "Authors may not NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels." So perhaps my wishes are out of the question...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Can't open either of those maps with UEd 2.1.

Not replacing UT weapons is a problem I have come across on a couple of other maps when using other weapons packages, like Infiltration or Combat Zone, as well as Nali Weapons - usually some original weapons are replaced but not others. Nothing shows up in the log. Possibly it is because, in the maps concerned, the UT weapons are set to stay?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

OjitroC wrote:Possibly it is because, in the maps concerned, the UT weapons are set to stay?
In the two maps posted from me all normal weapons stay there parallel to all nali weapons; it is not so that some are changed and some not. So the normal weapons are in any way fixed, I can see it besides because they lay there in a special way for example laying sloped on the wall what they would not normally do.

In the last days I found many UT99 CTF maps I have played often in the last 17 years mainly in the first years after UT99 came out. Many of them I did not remember first, but when I have played them a second time they came in memory.
Now I am looking for some maps I remember but have not found. There are only some pictures in my head that perhaps not suffice for a good description. And the main problem is, I have played Quake 3 and Tactical Ops too, so it could be that I mess up with the type of game. So perhaps it is better not to ask for them, there are also some very good (often played) maps lost forever I think and it is too hard for today players to differ over 4000 CTF maps :what:
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

First I would not ask for some older CTF maps I miss, because I have not much to say about them. However I will try it:

The first map I think I have played on a SDA clanserver (sniper) so perhaps the map has the SDA token in name. I only knew that there were two very very long small straight-lined corridors where you have to go to other base, in the middle there were observation points above the corridors where you could look for opponents.

The second map was placed on a cargo harbour, where big industrial buildings stayed along. You have to go first outside the building and then through it to find the other base. It is a relatively big map. I think there are more maps which are similar. I can't even say if it is a CTF map or Assault.

Third map has a very symmetric composition, four corridors arranged as a foursquare and two corridors form a cross between them. There are wooden boxes I think where you can hide and sniper, but I don't think it is a sniper map. Perhaps it is a Tactical Ops Map, but I am very unsure...

Any ideas?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Sorry for bring this thread up, but I am looking once more for a map. But his time I have a picture of a similiar map.
This DM-OldStone map looks like the map I am searching as if it would be a template. But mine is a CTF map afaik.
It has better lights in (not so dark) and you can go nearly in circle on top of the buildings.
I have it little bit taller in memory. I played it with normal weapons on server back then, no sniper...

Any ideas?
Attachments
dm-oldstone2.jpg
dm-oldstone1.jpg