Looking for Rain.utx

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Looking for Rain.utx

Post by OjitroC »

No, DM-IonPlant won't work if you have Rain.utx from DM-TmC-NoxxCrater in your UT texture folder.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ok ...to all new mapper!!

If you create new content make at least a prefix with your name's abbreviation.
OR MyLevel this shit!!!
I can't believe that this is still an issue after so many years and the huge pile of documentations and forum posts all over the internet.
:wth:

For me ...all my released maps getting a prefix of the contest they where part of ...or I take my own -GangWar- tag.
This is really frustrating to see the same failure over and over again.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

papercoffee wrote:Ok ...to all new mapper!!

If you create new content make at least a prefix with your name's abbreviation.
OR MyLevel this shit!!!
I can't believe that this is still an issue after so many years and the huge pile of documentations and forum posts all over the internet.
:wth:

For me ...all my released maps getting a prefix of the contest they where part of ...or I take my own -GangWar- tag.
This is really frustrating to see the same failure over and over again.
How about let's start with adding some kind of prefix or something to an original name to start out in addition to prevent file mismatches? & port this info to a new thread to avoid file mismatch and such... for attention.

Organic_NickName#
Organic[Nickname]
something... be creative.

Organic_Cham1
Warlord[Cha1]
Botpack_Cha02-17-16
etc.

Do try some kind of lookup (google) before saving the actual name to see if it already exist.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Chamberly wrote:Do try some kind of lookup (google) before saving the actual name to see if it already exist.
That won't help at all. You will find a bunch of crap with no UT relevance even if you put UT99 somewhere.
Reason(s):
- there are maps packed in zip archives which I don't see to have content shown often;
- crawling directives might be restricted for Internet Bots (I have such things because it lags me and I don't need a mountain of visitors after all);
- that Quake3.utx is the most relevant example - cannot be found directly. What I found was a result of a nasty scan in all my hdd + archives, taking a few tens of seconds.

A hint (not very helpful) is to crawl some free redirect calling test-file on purpose.

The best doable thing is tagging that or MyLevel-ing NO BRACKETS recommended + specification for sound or texture or other:
Kiwi_snd_ns.uax, Kiwi_tex_ns.utx, Kiwi_res_ns.u.

Another way more simple (perhaps best thing) is to load everything inside an U file tagged - end of name based troubles:
Kiwi_ns.u.

And now the show:
Very few mappers will read this topic so... we are spammers posting useless things because they stay blind in locations where they are hanging.