Looking for TDM maps

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 2531
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Looking for TDM maps

Post by OjitroC » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:03 pm

Over the years I have come across only 2 maps made solely or mainly for TDM (TDM-(SDA)VallesMarineris and TDM-Battlefort). I wonder if anyone is aware of any others?

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8292
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:15 am

From what I can find, there used to be TDM leagues. I can't find anything recent but most places that mention it go on about ProuUreal's forum (which is locked unless you're a member).

Other than that · https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads ... ue.195978/ · I can't find any maps... yet.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ut99+tdm

Some listed here, not sure they're ut99 though · http://unreal.multiplay.co.uk/servers/
Last edited by EvilGrins on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9998
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by papercoffee » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:07 am

Is it possible to make TDM map with fix team player starts? I tried it once but everyone spawned randomly as usual.

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 2531
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by OjitroC » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:11 pm

EvilGrins wrote:From what I can find, there used to be TDM leagues. I can't find anything recent but most places that mention it go on about ProuUreal's forum (which is locked unless you're a member).

Other than that · https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads ... ue.195978/ · I can't find any maps... yet.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ut99+tdm

Some listed here, not sure they're ut99 though · http://unreal.multiplay.co.uk/servers/
Thanks for these - looking through them, it appears that all of the maps used are normal DM maps.
papercoffee wrote: Is it possible to make TDM map with fix team player starts? I tried it once but everyone spawned randomly as usual.
Yes, I could give that a try.

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8292
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:37 pm

OjitroC wrote:Thanks for these - looking through them, it appears that all of the maps used are normal DM maps.
That's what it seemed like to me too, there were TDM leagues/clans.
papercoffee wrote:Is it possible to make TDM map with fix team player starts? I tried it once but everyone spawned randomly as usual.
Actually, a lot of maps already have them (especially team game maps like from CTF & CTF4 & DOM) if you change the game prefix to DM that's all setup. The GOTY edition of UT had a gametype called "Enhanced Team Games" which forced teams to spawn in areas designated for their specific team color.

I have it... so it's possible I could extract that (or someone else with it could) separate of the GOTY update and make it available for download.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9998
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by papercoffee » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:18 pm

I tried to make a DOM map where you have to "conquer" the spots on the map and respawned in your bases (where the weapons are placed) that's for the plan. But in the game you respawned randomly on the map in the enemy base or in your home base.

Aldebaran
Masterful
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by Aldebaran » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:50 pm

OjitroC wrote:it appears that all of the maps used are normal DM maps
Perhaps it is a newbie question: Whats the difference between DM and TDM maps? Where are TDM maps special?

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 2531
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by OjitroC » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:50 pm

Aldebaran wrote:
OjitroC wrote:it appears that all of the maps used are normal DM maps
Perhaps it is a newbie question: Whats the difference between DM and TDM maps? Where are TDM maps special?
The only difference is that the player starts for each of the two teams are grouped and located some distance from each other, much as in CTF. It is, of course, possible to play TDM in DM, DOM and CTF maps though teams won't necessarily spawn in the same general location - even when playing in CTF maps a member of one team may spawn in the opposing team's location. This is not a major problem and can add interest to the game; indeed it is, to some extent, necessary to avoid camping in a particular location and to broaden the range of tactics required.

I raised the question to see if there were any other maps specifically for TDM, as the TDM-(SDA)VallesMarineris map won't actually work as a normal DM, as far as I remember, though the other map I mentioned does.
EvilGrins wrote:The GOTY edition of UT had a gametype called "Enhanced Team Games" which forced teams to spawn in areas designated for their specific team color.
That's odd as I too have GOTYE and I can't find the gametype you mention either in the relevant menu or in Advanced Options.

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8292
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:12 am

OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:The GOTY edition of UT had a gametype called "Enhanced Team Games" which forced teams to spawn in areas designated for their specific team color.
That's odd as I too have GOTYE and I can't find the gametype you mention either in the relevant menu or in Advanced Options.
Okay, i dunno where I got it originally... but I'm attaching it here so there ya go!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by Carbon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:38 am

Maybe useful? Old file, so I'm not sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 2531
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Looking for TDM maps

Post by OjitroC » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:54 pm

EvilGrins wrote: Okay, i dunno where I got it originally... but I'm attaching it here so there ya go!
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Carbon wrote:Maybe useful? Old file, so I'm not sure.
Will also have a look at this - thanks.