Anybody ever heard of a Cyberus?

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?

Re: Anybody ever heard of a Cyberus?

Postby sektor2111 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Cyberus - poor him.
BPak in old formula has a sort of Pupae called BigFace having a stupid collision and blocking everything around, and shadow assigned to this crap was making night around it. I have happily destroyed that mess because I don't like to feel bugged in game.
If this Cyberus will be introduced into some good map to mess it up, I'll happily write a few things for it just for fun. You might figure something like: Cyberus died because of a depression after a small depressurization. I don't like these types of cheaters mooing in my yard doesn't matter who they are, or if are sent by El Presidente.
I'll bet on 5$ that I can write a mutator for it in order to see it taking damage - probably XC_MH will have some wrappers.... Else I was not interested about this monster but I saw the thread growing so I took a look around.
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby EvilGrins » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:30 am

As many know, I post similar content on a lot of different forums. The thread I'm replying to here has a corresponding one on BU.

The only difference is the one over there is still semi-active - https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads ... us.205006/

Few posts but a steadily evolving conversation.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Personal rank: God of Fudge

Postby JackGriffin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:32 am

EvilGrins wrote: has a corresponding one on BU.

and
EvilGrins wrote:a steadily evolving conversation.

At BU?.......
JackGriffin
Godlike

Personal rank: Hack coder

Postby papercoffee » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Well the discussion here was over when gopostal made the Halapenjo/jalapeño ammo for the MH-Canopener.

:twisted:
papercoffee
Site Staff

Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Postby EvilGrins » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:29 pm

papercoffee wrote::twisted:

ImageImage
JackGriffin wrote:At BU?.......

Yeah, they don't have a great rep. There's a whole thread dedicated about how bad that forum is on Hermskii's.
papercoffee wrote:Well the discussion here was over when gopostal made the Halapenjo/jalapeño ammo for the MH-Canopener.

Not everybody has that, and for maps I edit the thing onto... whoever winds up using the map probably wouldn't either.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Postby EvilGrins » Wed May 16, 2018 2:12 am

Getting in touch with Jack on forums is tricky, he usually prefers to be emailed... but I'm not at home at the moment.
EvilGrins wrote:JackGriffin edited a version of the Cyberus that doesn't need any supporting packages. I'm still testing it but it's got 1 impressive and slightly annoying feature... it can't be killed:
screenshots and details

In the SP of Legacy you have to break some crystals before you can kill the thing. Near as I can tell, without those crystals around the thing is literally unkillable.

I hit it with several kinds of nukes, and eventually pitted other powerful monsters & bots against it. Not even so much as a scratch:

Cyberus has 3 main projectile attacks: duo energy bolts, the original razorjack, and a weird instagib the sky and then a pulse bounces back down to hit whoever it targets from above.

Cyberus has 145 health, which never wavers. It can generate its own shield, which is white generally but green when it receives incoming fire:

It can also fly.

Still working out if there's a way to kill it... but even without, it's slow moving and could be cool to use in some edits as a threat that cannot be eliminated.

Haven't tried telefragging it yet.

Most of the attacks the Cyberus makes are configurable when mapping, but it has 1 attack which is problematic. It fires an orange beam upwards that hits the ceiling and then a plasma bolt comes from the sky and hits whoever it was targeting.

Problem is the plasma bolt has a limited range, on a large map where the beam has a full sky to get up to instead of a ceiling... and changing that is (for me) not so easy.

Ideally, something with an unlimited range would work best. Either a redeemer or a full power dispersion blast.

Just a thought.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Previous

Return to Download Search