Anybody ever heard of a Cyberus?

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Anybody ever heard of a Cyberus?

Post by EvilGrins »

It looks like this:

I fought one a very long time ago, thing is damned hard to fight... but I don't have it anymore.

Anybody know where I can get a download of one?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Anybody ever heard of a Cyberus?

Post by OjitroC »

Here you go - a pretty formidable thing - interested to know how one kills it
Attachments
Cyberus.u
(662.95 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:interested to know how one kills it
If memory serves... a lot of running and ducking behind things and shooting it from VERY far away.

I'll give an update to that some time later tonight, with any luck.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

If I recall correctly, Cyberus is the FInal boss of Legacy. He is immune to all damage until the player destroys four energy crystals surrounding its area.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

UTNerd24 wrote:If I recall correctly, Cyberus is the FInal boss of Legacy. He is immune to all damage until the player destroys four energy crystals surrounding its area.
Okay... so Nali Weapons then.

Might've run into another issue, looks like it requires Oldskool Amp'd... which I can't use. I use the original Oldskool as it has a player model (Sktrooper) I'm very fond of in it.

Anybody have a clue how to remove Oldskool Amp'd from the Cyberus?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Small update: Beauty of having 2 installs of UT on my home system is I can compare things like this.

· On my original UT I'm gonna re-install the most hated Oldskool Amp'd and the pretty fun SP Legacy so I can test the Cyberus (that OjitroC sent me) as it was originally intended.

· On the UT I use most often I'm gonna test an edit to see if the newer one functions like the old. Popped over to OldUnreal's forum to ask for some help, and JackGriffin made me an edit of the Cyberus without Oldskool Amp'd being required for it anymore.

Will likely be running comparisons on Monday... will get back to all about this come Tuesday.

4 hours 7 minutes to 2017... have a happy!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

JackGriffin edited a version of the Cyberus that doesn't need any supporting packages. I'm still testing it but it's got 1 impressive and slightly annoying feature... it can't be killed:

In the SP of Legacy you have to break some crystals before you can kill the thing. Near as I can tell, without those crystals around the thing is literally unkillable.

I hit it with several kinds of nukes, and eventually pitted other powerful monsters & bots against it. Not even so much as a scratch:

Cyberus has 3 main projectile attacks: duo energy bolts, the original razorjack, and a weird instagib the sky and then a pulse bounces back down to hit whoever it targets from above.

Cyberus has 145 health, which never wavers. It can generate its own shield, which is white generally but green when it receives incoming fire:

It can also fly.

Still working out if there's a way to kill it... but even without, it's slow moving and could be cool to use in some edits as a threat that cannot be eliminated.

Haven't tried telefragging it yet.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

You cant Telefrag it either. It will simply say "You cannot kill me by taking my space!"
If you use weapons from SWWM, it CAN kill it due to their complex coding.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@EG
Interesting results - don't know if you have tried the original version yet but there are some differences - these are mainly in the projectiles and the colours of the shield (as these are the elements from olweapons/oldskool) - also the original has, from memory, 100 health - not of course that this makes any difference since it is, as you say, unkillable (at least, with most weapons).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote:Still working out if there's a way to kill it
No chance if its variable "bVulnerable" is set to TRUE initially. That pawn does not take any damage then:

Code: Select all

class Cyberus expands ScriptedPawn;
function TakeDamage( int Damage, Pawn ins, Vector hitloc, Vector m, name damageType) {
local int oldhealth;
	if ( ! bvulnerable){ //allow shield to handle damage.
		shield.ScaleGlow = 4.0;
		shield.Fatness= 255;
		shield.bhidden=false;
		PlaySound(Sound'UnrealShare.Pickups.Sbelthe2', SLOT_None, 2.7*SoundDampening);
		shield.hold=98;
		return;
	}
EvilGrins wrote:Haven't tried telefragging it yet.
A similar method is used to prevent that Pawn of telefragging (variable "bCanTelefrag").
As I have seen in the code of Cyberus.u there is a special trigger "HurtPawn" that can set bVulnerable to TRUE for all "cyberus" pawns.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:don't know if you have tried the original version yet but there are some differences
Long ago, around 2011... but the memory is dim.
UTNerd24 wrote:You cant Telefrag it either. It will simply say "You cannot kill me by taking my space!"
Yep, I can now confirm that.
UTNerd24 wrote:If you use weapons from SWWM, it CAN kill it due to their complex coding.
Ah, but doesn't that apply to the original version for Legacy? Would that effect this edited one??

What's SWWM?
Barbie wrote:there is a special trigger "HurtPawn" that can set bVulnerable to TRUE for all "cyberus" pawns.
All pawns?!? I haven't been crazy enough to summon more than 1 of the thing at a time... yet.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

It would be interesting to have this beast in a MH map hunting you ...and only if you find and destroy all the random placed crystals can you kill it. If you place more than one each of them get an own set of those crystals.

Plus ...if you destroy the first crystal a countdown appears and in its time limit you have to destroy all remaining one or they respawn.

:satan: This would be the most evil monster for MH.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote:What's SWWM?
Look, mum, I can operate with G00gle: it's on first page on first rank. :mrgreen:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/swwm-full-pack wrote:SWWM (Some Weird Weapons Mod) for UT
©2007 UBX Master

This mod is just a bunch of ultra destructive weaponry that would destroy
the entire universe in the real world (I'm not exagerating at all...)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:What's SWWM?
Look, mum, I can operate with G00gle: it's on first page on first rank.
1) I was about to goto bed when I sent that, figured there'd be a nice answer by when I got up.
2) When I enter that into Google a whole bunch of things come up... none of which are what you say it should've been.
papercoffee wrote:only if you find and destroy all the random placed crystals can you kill it
I'm working on an edit of the original, crystals not included.

Though I am intending to use it as a boss on... something or other. Already for it on one of the variants, as the only monster on the entire map.

My bots have never seemed so frustrated before.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

As I've just barely skirted by a double-post by a couple hours...

I made a typical variant to try and kill the Cyberus on. That'd be this · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/111408.html

Went at it with 16 bots and standard weapons (plus NW2 Ultima Protos & my fave 'deemer) first, wanted to see if maybe we could kill it by having open range and a lot of time... but after 30 minutes it was clear that wasn't gonna work.

Took a spin on the SWWM weaponspack. Edited my edit of that with SWWM weapons/items/health only. Despite what was suggested, most of the SWWM weapons didn't have any effect on the Cyberus... but 2 did.

Guns:
· Scatterer: Killed the Cyberus in 1 shot. Weird effect, broke it up into lots of little Cyberuses (Cyberusi?) that all died around each other.
· BFG40k: Also killed it in 1 shot. This is a very powerful BFG, it's easily twice as powerful as the BFG in the Doom weaponspack & the Quake weaponspack.

Other than those 2 guns though, nothing else in SWWM even slowed the Cyberus down.