Anybody ever heard of a Cyberus?

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Anybody ever heard of a Cyberus?

Post by EvilGrins »

I've still yet to go and install Legacy to my other UT setup to contrast the original Cyberus with the edited one I've currently got, but I do have this for basic review purposes:
X-mkPHsmKGQ

Attacks are a little different and more what I remember from that video.

Anybody know if anyone ever released a Legacy weaponpack separate of the SP? Loving that Predator disc-weapon.

Currently running a variant map, usually with anywhere between 16 to 32 bots and me trying every weapons package I've got (lots and lots and lots) to try and kill the thing. Using that one package I mentioned before, which has 2 guns that can kill a Cyberus, is all well and good... but I'm trying to see if anything else can kill it.

Screenshots of some of that insanity eventually...
Last edited by EvilGrins on Wed May 16, 2018 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote: but I'm trying to see if anything else can kill it.
Did you try the Hallapeno/jalapeño can?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:
Haven't gotten to Food Fight yet.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
Haven't gotten to Food Fight yet.
It can be that this monster will burn all the time but not die ... but it could be, because gopostal/Jack made both (the weapon and the export) that it could be killed.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:It can be that this monster will burn all the time but not die ... but it could be, because gopostal/Jack made both (the weapon and the export) that it could be killed.
It's a sound logic but already disproven. Just before heading into work I tried both Assault Rifles Go/Jack ported from ut2004. Even under a barrage out of those things coming from 16 bots and me... it didn't even slow the Cyberus down.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: I'm trying to see if anything else can kill it.
That's highly unlikely since, as Barbie pointed out, it has a property bvulnerable set to FALSE. I experimented by setting this to TRUE and this removed the energy shield so that it did, indeed, become vulnerable and easily killed.
EvilGrins wrote: Anybody know if anyone ever released a Legacy weaponpack separate of the SP? Loving that Predator disc-weapon.
Yes - here it is
Attachments
Legacy.zip
(3.93 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: I'm trying to see if anything else can kill it.
That's highly unlikely since, as Barbie pointed out, it has a property bvulnerable set to FALSE.
True but I did find 2 guns (from a suggested weaponpack) that did kill it... so hope remains.

papercoffee, per your request the UT Corps and I had a =Food Fight= with Cyberus · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/111811.html
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

And what's the result of the Hallapeno/Jalapeño ammo?

This ...you can't pick up tossed weapons issue, was a compromise because you could cheat the reload system with it.
If someone want to fix this problem I would be highly thankful and would present a drawing of his/her liking as a reward.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:And what's the result of the Hallapeno/Jalapeño ammo?
It set the Cyberus on fire but it didn't kill it. Nothing in FF even slowed it down.
papercoffee wrote:This ...you can't pick up tossed weapons issue, was a compromise because you could cheat the reload system with it.
Just seems odd as you can pick up tossed aside items, like the coffee. I've never seen a weaponpack before that didn't let you pick up dropped weapons.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

A couple of unimportant but interesting observations on killing Cyberus with the BFG40k
  • 1 Its death animations don't run and it remains standing up
    2 Shooting the 'corpse' again with the BFG40k results in two or three extra kills :noidea
Any information on what it is in the code for the gun, or more probably the projectile, that removes the Cyberus's invulnerability would be welcome.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:
papercoffee wrote:This ...you can't pick up tossed weapons issue, was a compromise because you could cheat the reload system with it.
Just seems odd as you can pick up tossed aside items, like the coffee. I've never seen a weaponpack before that didn't let you pick up dropped weapons.
Yeah ...The problem was, if the weapon went into the reload mode (animation was called and the weapon paused somehow) couldn't you switch to another weapon. Jack couldn't implement it because he hardcoded the reload for every weapon individually. The reload animation was for every weapon different times long to balance them.
Now you were stuck (some seconds for the heavy ones) with a weapon in reload mode and couldn't fire during its animation. The only solution was to throw this weapon away and use the next weapon you had in your roster. Now the bug kicked in ...a thrown away weapon was already fully reloaded. That means you could cheat the reload system by throwing the weapon in front of you and pick it up again. And that's why Jack build in this block for the former weapon owner... everyone else can pick it up and use it.
papercoffee wrote:If someone want to fix this problem I would be highly thankful and would present a drawing of his/her liking as a reward.
:mrgreen:

Now BTT...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote:... everyone else can pick it up and use it.
Actually the 'problem' is that no one can pick and use a weapon that has been dropped when a player/bot is killed - using pinata loads of weapons quickly accumulate, not that it really matters as this, like the mod itself, is different, distinctive and rather fun.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:
papercoffee wrote:... everyone else can pick it up and use it.
Actually the 'problem' is that no one can pick and use a weapon that has been dropped when a player/bot is killed - using pinata loads of weapons quickly accumulate, not that it really matters as this, like the mod itself, is different, distinctive and rather fun.
Uhm... I can pick up a weapon from FF when a bot got killed. :| Or am I misunderstanding something wrong?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, I have now tried EVERY WEAPON I've got in my collection to try and kill the Cyberus.

Visuals · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/112001.html
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Uhm... I can pick up a weapon from FF when a bot got killed. :| Or am I misunderstanding something wrong?
That's odd as I can't - I just tried a short TDM and a MH to refresh my memory and I was unable to pick up any dropped weapons, just got that message. Is it because I use pinata I wonder?
EvilGrins wrote: Okay, I have now tried EVERY WEAPON I've got in my collection to try and kill the Cyberus.
You can make a vulnerable version and change some of the default properties (health, speed, projectiles etc, etc) to compensate for the lack of invulnerability - it is still quite a challenge and fun, in part because of its ability to hover. This way it is rather more useable though a map with a couple of original Cyberus placed fairly close to one of the guns that can kill them could be interesting and challenging.