- in some maps replacements doesn't work because those are "great maps" - I see that even in some CTF ones - for playing OFF line you can disable replacements by trying WTriggerer which will leave Weapons alone.
Well said, but Not that much.papercoffee wrote:So many maps don't have even simple pathing. @Mapper I don't expect something special but at least give bots the chance to follow me!!
In some maps DevPath is blabbering it goes borked in game.
Get Map (converted ?) MH-Bridge. What we can see:
- Good Paths in Editor - linked well enough and they are heading to MonsterEnd;
- In game we can see Bots mooing and doesn't look like they have a goal - randomly they advancing and harder enough getting over PathNode61 they are really moving to End. MHBotyman4 for human (nobody asked INT file so I'm curious if anyone used it) reported missing paths until I went over that Node, after passing that area, only in a few spots I lost Navigation but mainly I was driven to end - Not from Start Location. Given Broken Path-Net - if You are on bridge and Bot died respawned, It won't find you as it won't see the end, for such cases you need to run back.
Another one: Garden Of Death
- everything might look well linked in blue and pathed properly;
- in game in exchange NOTHING like a Pawn can use any path - IT Does Not Work.
- I made such a Map to work using a sort of stupid hacks - nothing like a navigation inspired a bit from Mover code.
- Properly pathed but it might have some Lake islands where DeVPath won't go over a perfect BLUE path. It just need moved checked, debugged for finding the right position of a PathNode.
Some LongRace... whatever:
- DevPath doesn't seems to head somewhere in Start Location;
- After first room it do works properly.
The problem is if some internal Dev of Engine is doing NONE reaction, MAP is sadly to say - broken - everything is based on how geometry is build and how much loaded/optimized is that work. About the rest of factors like SeePlayer HearNoise - well I won't ask. And Paths are not good only for Bots, paths are good for creatures as well but hey, "my monsters needs to stay" is the only thing which I was reading everywhere - more exactly everyone needs to know where monster is located for less fight as possible and a more no skill game.
When EG or me, wants a map with Bot "Covering", FIRST thing which I do is a sequential check around DevPath else I'm not waste time with adding PathNodes because it might be useless. I see lists by FragNBrag to be honest not even some of those listed good, for me are far from good at this point (I know what I'm saying from past experiences).