Looking for a simple M16 mod

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Looking for a simple M16 mod

Post by UTNerd24 »

I don't know where I saw it, but I recall there being an M16 weapon for UT that uses the same model as the Sniper minus the scope. And It wasn't a Clan Weapon either; a standard weapon that fitted in rather well considering it's simple source material.

Anyone know where I could find such a thing?
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Looking for a simple M16 mod

Post by EvilGrins »

Only simple M16 I've got is the M16-silver, which is not the UT sniper without a scope.

It's an M16 with a grenade launcher, + another M16 with a sniper night vision scope.

Probably not at all what you meant, but attaching it anyway.
Attachments
M16Arena.zip
(328.86 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UTNerd24 wrote:I don't know where I saw it, but I recall there being an M16 weapon for UT that uses the same model as the Sniper minus the scope. And It wasn't a Clan Weapon either; a standard weapon that fitted in rather well considering it's simple source material.

Anyone know where I could find such a thing?
What you want is the UT Sniper Rifle turned into a rapid firing assault rifle but without the scope? I'm pretty sure there are some around (though why not use a proper assault rifle with a scope?) - have a look in the usual places for a Zark assault rifle as I think this may be what you want.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I don't think I am being overly picky when I say that, if it uses the sniper rifle model, then in no way can you equate it to an M16, unless M16 is what you call all automatic rifles.

Do you actually want anything that resembles an M16, or an automatic sniper rifle with no scope ?
Me I prefer the HK-G11, but I also have an M16, M16A1 and M4 should you require.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, there's plenty of assault rifles around especially in the 'real' weapons packages like Infiltration or CS - there are eight in the latter, for example. My preferences - M4A1 or Famas and, for a scoped AR, the SG550 (though it is only semi-automatic rather than quick firing - but it does come in very useful if one doesn't have a sniper rifle).
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

EvilGrins wrote:Only simple M16 I've got is the M16-silver
Cool arena mod. I tried it on my own and it makes fun!
I would like to know if there are any servers online where I can play it too.
Is it possible to give all players both weapons - the grenade launcher and sniper - right from start?
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Unreal 4Ever Tournament - a fun mod I must say - has a very M16-like weapon.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Aldebaran wrote:Is it possible to give all players both weapons - the grenade launcher and sniper - right from start?
Only luck I've had with that is directly placing both weapons onto a map.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

EvilGrins wrote:Only luck I've had with that is directly placing both weapons onto a map.
Yes but on some maps the Sniper is missing, so I want to have a method to give all players both weapons as startweapons in their hands, so they don't have to collect them.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Aldebaran wrote: Yes but on some maps the Sniper is missing, so I want to have a method to give all players both weapons as startweapons in their hands, so they don't have to collect them.
You could use StuffSwapper to replace the Enforcer and Impact Hammer with the weapons of your choice - in fact you can add several more starting weapons with it if you want. There may be other mutators to do that as well.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Aldebaran wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Only luck I've had with that is directly placing both weapons onto a map.
Yes but on some maps the Sniper is missing
While I meant EDIT it directly onto a map, unless the weapons it's set to switch with is on a given map then obviously it won't be there.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: While I meant EDIT it directly onto a map, unless the weapons it's set to switch with is on a given map then obviously it won't be there.
Like I say though, you can use StuffSwapper with M16Arena and have both the M16Silver and the M16Sniper as the weapons players/bots start with, in order to get the M16Sniper on those maps where there is no UT SniperRifle to replace.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you for your help, I will try Stuffswapper for that.
I noticed the range of the M16Arena Sniper is not sufficient for some bigger Sniper maps, but smaller maps works well.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Aldebaran wrote: I noticed the range of the M16Arena Sniper is not sufficient for some bigger Sniper maps, but smaller maps works well.
I think the maximum zoom is the same as the UT Sniper Rifle (x8.3?) - really need a custom clan sniper rifle on large sniper maps. You can add one of those into a StuffSwapper Starting configuration.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

The zoom is not bad but the shooting range is the problem. I tried it on the DM-Eagles-[SUF] map and I can't shoot from one side to the other side. On DM-Zahltag_UT it seems I have not that problem.