Looking for alternative Teamcannon actor.

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?

Re: Looking for alternative Teamcannon actor.

Postby EvilGrins » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Kinda like UFOs, though when suggesting moving teamcannons I was kinda picturing them sliding along the walls/ceilings.

I've seen tentacles do that.

Why're the candles moving?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Personal rank: God of Fudge

Postby Terraniux » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 pm

The candles are just for testing purposes. Nothing more, nothing less. It's me learning a little bit more what's possible and what's not.

It's a very good thing this community has such nice people with talented skills. :highfive:

Barbie, you can say no to this question, but could you, if have the time, do the same job, for the MiniGunCannon?

You will earn big credit in my CMC project. :satan:
Terraniux
Masterful

Postby JackGriffin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:21 am

I get where Barbie is coming from but this is a really bad way of doing things, especially if you are going to stack these into a map and run it online. Recode them so they can attach to the mover like everything else and don't use tick. This is going to impact the server, especially in an MH environment. I know you wanted to use standard actors but this is one instance where you are going to need to subclass and script because you are making some fundamental changes to the actor.
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using counter-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities around this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games." -Hellkeeper
JackGriffin
Godlike

Personal rank: Hack coder

Postby Barbie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:31 pm

JackGriffin wrote:Recode them so they can attach to the mover like everything else
Just tell how to do that... The process of moving Actors with a Mover is done by native code - at least I did not find any UScript code for it.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Barbie
Godlike

Postby sektor2111 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Barbie wrote:The process of moving Actors with a Mover is done by native code - at least I did not find any UScript code for it.
But you can do ignition to that code or power ON that thing from UScript.
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby JackGriffin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:55 am

Barbie wrote:Just tell how to do that... The process of moving Actors with a Mover is done by native code - at least I did not find any UScript code for it.

I already did. Much like many decorations are bStatic you'll need to drop back to Pawn and build the cannon forward with settings that allow movement. When you do this then you'll be able to attach it and the native code will do it's magic. Basically you just need to remove the code that StationaryPawn is adding because almost all of it is preventing movement of any kind.

Terra, if you want you are welcome to email me and I'll build you something custom that will fit what you need.
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using counter-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities around this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games." -Hellkeeper
JackGriffin
Godlike

Personal rank: Hack coder

Postby Terraniux » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 pm

@ Jack

Yes I understand your statements. Then I suggest the using of this actor should stay for offline only. Got it.
So far I have not any performance issues, or errors to report in the offline usage. :thuup:

The actor I have now is perfect for my CMC map, and am helped with that.

So yes Jack I would like have this actor for offline and online in the future. But take your time, no haste. Will send pm later.

Thank you. :agree1:
Terraniux
Masterful

Previous

Return to Download Search