UnrealToObject.exe

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

UnrealToObject.exe

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

This is the archived page where it could have been downloaded from: http://web.archive.org/web/201410272157 ... erter.html
Does anyone have this software?
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Re: UnrealToObject.exe

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Dow ... lToX3D.zip

Ahhh sorry, I clicked on the link and found the first program but then looked at your post header "UnrealToObject" so anyways found the file with next to no effort.
Attachments
UnrealToObj.rar
UnrealToObject.exe
(28.99 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Last edited by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Yeah I tried using it already but it's not UnrealToObj, it only converts into wrl, also it gives a javascript error anytime I try to convert :/
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Check my first reply. :tu:
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:Check my first reply. :tu:
HOLY COW! IT WORKS!!
The Z axis becomes the Y axis but that's not a big problem I guess.
I have a question now, how the heck did you find it? I tried looking for it on the internet, couldn't find it in the few pages that showed up on Google.

Also, thank you very much, this will complete this tutorial when I'll wake up, gonna go sleep now lol :D
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

PrinceOfFunky wrote:I have a question now, how the heck did you find it?
Well...... Sometimes when you are looking for a program such as a *.exe file such as UnrealToObject.exe you need to keep in mind that these type of files are usually in a compressed format such as zip,rar or 7z mostly. I read that archive page and saw the heading "UnrealToOBJ" and just did a search for "UnrealToObj.rar" which lead me too http://www.vigilsoft.net/UnrealToObj.rar

I hope this helps you find other files in the future of this nature.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:I have a question now, how the heck did you find it?
Well...... Sometimes when you are looking for a program such as a *.exe file such as UnrealToObject.exe you need to keep in mind that these type of files are usually in a compressed format such as zip,rar or 7z mostly. I read that archive page and saw the heading "UnrealToOBJ" and just did a search for "UnrealToObj.rar" which lead me too http://www.vigilsoft.net/UnrealToObj.rar

I hope this helps you find other files in the future of this nature.
Well of course it will .o.
I looked for "UnrealToObject" but found nothing, so this probably mean that if I wouldn't have look exactly for UnrealToObj.rar I would have never found it.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Damn this would have helped me a while ago, because meshmaker didn't work as expected (it kept not eating the t3d and complaining about packages).
So in the end I only hacked up something and had to do uv mapping on the mesh which had none...because the texturing got lost via the way I made it.

Why do I only get to hear of tools like this late? Sure .obj is not the desired outcome for me but it would have brought me halfway there and without me having to do the texturing on the mesh.