who does have Dm-ainum?

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
darksonny
Adept

who does have Dm-ainum?

Post by darksonny »

Hi all
Im lookin' for a very old map made by aaron platinum ingersoll called dm-ainum I've seen from this russian page:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020829032 ... ndex.shtml

Anybody does this map in your old archive? in medor site and another site (including unrealarchives.org) does not have this rare map
thanks!
darksonny
Adept

Re: who does have Dm-ainum?

Post by darksonny »

mmm..nobody does have this map?
I tried to contact him with two different emails with no luck (all they are missing or gone), from unrealism and planetunreal, anybody could give me any updated email to get in contact with Aaron please? thanks
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

nowhere to be found on the www, as far as i can get (yet, hopefully!)
DM-Ainum-b5.zip
Last edited by esnesi on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Gonna have a quick look in my install, wild shot but I might have it, I think I saw Platinum fairly recently commenting on one of his maps in Mapraider, maybe try that?
http://www.mapraider.com/profiles/Platinum
Well ok 2 months ago, but still...
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

omg! Thanks UnrealGecko! thanks! I got an email from mapraider and I discovered this:
https://www.cirratagame.com/

I've sent him a funny email explaining the case, only I have to wait what he could say at this topic...
Thanks! my prayers have been heard lol

Update: I got in contact with Aaron, he is still searchin' for it. It seems he forgot totally about this map cos is very old and unknow. UnrealGecko if anything Aaron finally could not find in their archives this map, please could you try to find in your install? Thanks!

Update 2:
Hello everybady

mission accomplished dudes here it is, for you all the old community the map, thanks Aaron!
DM-Ainum-beta5.zip
(631.3 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Last edited by darksonny on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Thanks for doing the archeology :mrgreen:

Stashed.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Hey shrimp thanks for uploading tihs map!
By the way, any chance in the future for public to add an sort of feature like editing the picture preview for those contents who dont have any preview picture? I see this map has a picture preview when its loaded from gallery ut game (section deathmacth) and in the page just uploaded does not show any picture...You know wikipedia style (obviously with admin approval lol), what do you think? maybe we could ease for you that hard part :highfive: :idea2: :satan:
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Hrm. I see the map does have a screenshot, but it's just not linked to its LevelInfo, so it didn't get picked up. I'll have to adjust for that and re-import some stuff :ironic: .

Anyway, I don't want to make this thread go OT, but check the UnrealArchive thread for some comments on adding easier editing functionality.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

done my friend!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Ahah - the most wanted map has actually the same combo problems with a door (aka lift) and a lot of useless nodes, as a matter of fact after trying some editing I got a navigation network using 62 PathNodes and not 106. MBots are playing it perfectly, as for design it, looks pretty... I think I'll stick with the edited one until author will release a more normal one...
Thanks for pointing this map :gj: .
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

I can email Aaron with your suggestions about path nodes to re-release with fixes (if he wants logically...he is currently very inactive in mapping terms you know)...

-MERGED-

To sektor2111 or anybody who could be interested Aaron gave us permission to fix botpathing for dm-ainum and for another "new" and never released map, an 1-on-1 called xayd, Aaron noticed me that inside in pic preview the namemap does not match with the internal name from viewscreen because it shows as "mercat". He gave permission to fix botpathing and changing name to xayd instead mercat. Only one condition: the credits must stay unaltered, all maps were made by Aaron Platinum Ingersoll.

Heres the screenshot:
permission_ingersoll_ainum_xayd_database_jpg.jpg
The "new" map...thanks Aaron, such a nice guy and great mapper!
DM-Xayd.zip
(281.07 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
PD: Note 1: it could be nice to put the v2 and the end of dm-ainum to avoid errors and same for xayd...
note 2: Shrimp be prepared when things are fixed (if they want obviously...) and the upload the v2 versions just fixed
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yay, another good looking one...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@darksonny even so you did an awesome job by finding those maps and the creator... please, no double posts within a 24 hours limit.

@sektor2111 Now you can release your fixed version :wink:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Give me time for testing a default DM with default Bots, I wanna see if exist any spot with problems, because for such case I have to use some jumper or manually remove "proscribed" path. For MBots I repeat, I don't see any sort of problem, but... not everyone it's using custom Bots better instructed in navigation toward Leg/Wall obstructions, so Paths-Net has to be more clean as possible.
It's about this problem which I'm hunting:
Polge wrote: In some situations, bots may get stuck on the edge of a ledge where it runs into a wall. This occurs because of a threshold problem. Bots won't jump off ledges until the angle of their destination is greater than 45 degrees from the ledge direction. If they run into a wall right around this threshold, they may get confused. The solution is to adjust the NavigationPoint they were trying to reach, or add an intermediate PathNode.
Of course, solution presented is not always suitable in all Maps, we do need JUMPING which only ScriptedPawn has... Else removing that bad angled path is more helpful than mooing with nodes for X days.
Aside:
- some UDamage in a high spot for triggering interest about using Lift does looks like a good thing, and swapping a PathNode with a PlayerStart - I don't need to mitigate a bad Lift (ex-Door) that way, even if it has 3 key-frames;
- for such high spot, we (a group of Bots) also recommend UT_Jumpboots - Why not ?
- other MyLevel navigation support I don't think is necessary at this moment.