Star Wars map with actual SW-weapons on it...

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Star Wars map with actual SW-weapons on it...

Post by EvilGrins »

...supposedly.
AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:46 am Also, MH-[SP]ImperialBase is a Star Wars one. All the guns are star wars weapons, all the monsters are star wars enemies, I just really like it!
From my "geeky maps" thread, which I posted on more than 1 forum, I learned of this.

So... anybody wanna help me find a download of MH-[SP]ImperialBase?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Star Wars map with actual SW-weapons on it...

Post by sektor2111 »

It's bugged and brushes stripped for not being fixed, to not mention dumb animations at those "monsters" (they die "dancing" and/or "taunting" :loool: ) and stupid post-kill messages. By fixing some BSP problems it's crashing at MAX_POINTS engine boundary, good luck with "really liking" these wrecks... I'm not hosting/sharing such things. Did I say about that saber weapon without net code ? No ?... Okay, I have amnesia or something like that...

Now allow me to reconstruct paths from a recent map posted only for posting. I'm not using such things in 2019/2020.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:54 am So... anybody wanna help me find a download of MH-[SP]ImperialBase?
That's the Unreal version of Thunderbolt's map MH-(du)AS-Imperialbase - it's available at https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal/m ... 84242.html BUT that download is missing at least one package (the SP version of XidiaMPack; perhaps missing others like the SP versions of GhandiWeapons, the Thug and Obiwan?). Some of that stuff is available at Sniper's Paradise though the map is not as far as I could tell from a quick look at their MH-[SP] maps (nor is SPXidiaMPack.u).
AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- wrote: Also, MH-[SP]ImperialBase is a Star Wars one. All the guns are star wars weapons, all the monsters are star wars enemies, I just really like it!
I would say that is something of an exaggeration though, to be fair, the map does have quite a few Star Wars elements. Notwithstanding sektor's reservations, I do find the UT version a fun map to play and it can be done by a single player without support (which is how I like to play MH).
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:12 pmIt's bugged and brushes stripped for not being fixed, to not mention dumb animations at those "monsters" (they die "dancing" and/or "taunting" :loool: ) and stupid post-kill messages.
OjitroC wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:39 pmthat is something of an exaggeration though, to be fair, the map does have quite a few Star Wars elements
Hmmmmm, that's too bad.

Truth to tell, my main interest wasn't so much the map itself but a hope it had an actual Star Wars weaponspack I could export for general use, either a mutator or a decent .u I could edit into other maps.

Well, poop.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:27 pm Truth to tell, my main interest wasn't so much the map itself but a hope it had an actual Star Wars weaponspack I could export for general use, either a mutator or a decent .u I could edit into other maps.
Apart from the lightsaber, it does have a Star Wars rifle (a modified Shock Rifle) but if you have Thunderbolt's original UT version of the map then you'll have that already.