Looking for these maps....

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Looking for these maps....

Post by papercoffee »

Oh interesting ...now, that would be a nice game changer.
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Interesting info here, thanks for replying guys.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:36 pmThat's NBTeamGame by Beppo - here's the readme
Except it's not a mutator, it's a gametype.

You select "Enhanced Team Game" just like you would select any other gametype.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:28 am Except it's not a mutator, it's a gametype.
That’s right. Just to clarify, it's subclassed from TeamGamePlus as are Assault, Domination and CTF. So it has no effect on those gametypes but it creates, in effect, a modified Team DM in which, if enabled, spawning can take in 'team areas', providing the map is set up to allow this.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:51 pm
EvilGrins wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:28 am Except it's not a mutator, it's a gametype.
That’s right. Just to clarify, it's subclassed from TeamGamePlus as are Assault, Domination and CTF. So it has no effect on those gametypes but it creates, in effect, a modified Team DM in which, if enabled, spawning can take in 'team areas', providing the map is set up to allow this.
Ok for example ...if you take those infiltration maps or a CTF map with Mr.Loathsome's Mega TDM mutator ...you will be able to start in your team base?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:43 pm ...if you take those infiltration maps you will be able to start in your team base?
I looked at the Reactor_6 map and it has playerstarts for team 0 and for team 1, so I would think the answer to that is yes. I'm not sure how far apart the team 'areas' are as I only looked at the topdown view in UEd but I presume there is some vertical separation between the areas.
papercoffee wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:43 pm ...if you take a CTF map with Mr.Loathsome's Mega TDM mutator ...you will be able to start in your team base?

MrLoathsome created a series of new gametypes enabling DM/TDM/LMS to be played in CTF maps without changing the CTF map name prefix - this means that an Enhanced Team Game and one of those new gametypes can't be run together. TBH I haven't tried playing TDM in a CTF using his gametype so I don't know if one spawns in team areas or not but as I say NBTeamGame.u can't be used to try to achieve that.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:57 pm
papercoffee wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:43 pm ...if you take those infiltration maps you will be able to start in your team base?
I looked at the Reactor_6 map and it has playerstarts for team 0 and for team 1, so I would think the answer to that is yes. I'm not sure how far apart the team 'areas' are as I only looked at the topdown view in UEd but I presume there is some vertical separation between the areas.
Very good.
OjitroC wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:57 pm
papercoffee wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:43 pm ...if you take a CTF map with Mr.Loathsome's Mega TDM mutator ...you will be able to start in your team base?

MrLoathsome created a series of new gametypes enabling DM/TDM/LMS to be played in CTF maps without changing the CTF map name prefix - this means that an Enhanced Team Game and one of those new gametypes can't be run together. TBH I haven't tried playing TDM in a CTF using his gametype so I don't know if one spawns in team areas or not but as I say NBTeamGame.u can't be used to try to achieve that.
Mr.Loathsome's game still makes you spawn randomly.
Ok then I'll search now for NBTeamGame and test it.