2 listed but only really asking about 1

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

2 listed but only really asking about 1

Post by EvilGrins »

Back in like the first couple years after ut99 was released, there were 2 mutators I loved... though 1 of them had issues. That being the Shrink Ray, a modified silver pulse rifle that shrank anybody you shot. It was glitchy as all get out, though it was hilarious watching weapons running around being carried by tiny players.

I may still have the Shrinker, not home right now, but that's not the one I wanna ask for a search of.

There was another mutator called GIANTS, which I don't have anymore but I've been looking forever for. At the start of any game it immediately made all players on the map REALLY HUGE. In terms you can understand, the average height from the ground to the top of the ledges in most HallOfGiant maps was about waist level to the players; basically everybody was Godzilla sized. It was ridiculous but fun!

Bit tricky to locate as there's more than 1 mutator called GIANTS, as it happens.

Anybody wanna help me find that?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: 2 listed but only really asking about 1

Post by UTPe »

here they are :o
Attachments
Shrinker_umod.zip
(70.93 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Giants_v12b.zip
(4.53 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Just to note that the Giants v12b is slightly different to what EG is looking for - with that mutator, players get bigger or smaller according to their number of frags rather than starting off as giants - at least that's what I understand from the readme. Nonetheless that looks like an interesting mut to try out.

There's also a LittlevsBig mutator - on a random basis players are either shrunk to half normal size or increased to 25x normal size - not what is needed but I suppose one could use the code for increasing size to make a new 'big' mutator.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:54 pmJust to note that the Giants v12b is slightly different to what EG is looking for - with that mutator, players get bigger or smaller according to their number of frags rather than starting off as giants
Yeah, that's not it.

The one I'm looking for players start as giants (really fun watching them grow) and they stay giants throughout the entire match; they don't shrink again.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758