Searching for large open w00t ctf map

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Acoma
Average

Searching for large open w00t ctf map

Post by Acoma »

hey ive been looking for a specific map since around the time gamefront went down in like 2015
the map had a very long name which i believe had a clan tag in it as well as a mappack name, something like (MPP)CTF-(SLA)AMONTOMBBLAHBLAH

i think i originally had downloaded this from a mappack on gamefront hence why it has a nametag for a pack in the title, i dont recall if it was a w00t mappack but i have checked them all and still havent found it
the map is a giant open sand battlefield with two sandstone textured forts on each side and each base has a basic two story structure that has the flag on top of them
once you leave the base by going through the giant fort walls there are w00t booster pads on each side, as well as two large ramps that go under the map and lead to a giant underground hallway that goes all the way to the other base
in the center of the giant open area is an oasis of sorts with a small hill and a body of water
pic for reference:
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Re: Searching for large open w00t ctf map

Post by Terraniux »

You could try one of these downloads.

http://www.extremew00t.com/mappack.htm

The first map that comes to mind is the famous wootablous.
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-to ... 00tabulous
could it be an edit of this one?
This member can only post when permitted.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Sounds a bit like an edit or version of KillingFields but so many elements of the description sound familiar and conjure up mental images of various maps - can't though think of anything that combines all those elements, especially the w00t pads - maybe these aren't that significant?
Acoma
Average

Post by Acoma »

Terraniux wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:56 am You could try one of these downloads.

http://www.extremew00t.com/mappack.htm
i have looked through those w00t packs and all of the ones on unrealarchive and have yet to find it, i dont think it is classified as a w00t map, it just uses the boost pads in it
Terraniux wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:56 am The first map that comes to mind is the famous wootablous.
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-to ... 00tabulous
could it be an edit of this one?
that is definitely not it, the map you posted is about 1/50th scale compared to the one im interested in and also it doesnt have any floating parts whatsoever
nope those arent the map, the map doesnt have a sky, its inside of a giant cave
OjitroC wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:06 pm Sounds a bit like an edit or version of KillingFields but so many elements of the description sound familiar and conjure up mental images of various maps - can't though think of anything that combines all those elements, especially the w00t pads - maybe these aren't that significant?
yes it sort of looks like the killing fields maps but its way more open and probably like 10x larger, and yes the w00t pads are only in the map to aid traveling to the other side of the map - the map wasnt specifically designed to be a w00t map, its more of a sniper map

its a very distinct map and anyone who has played it would remember it instantly, especially the underground ramp areas

thanks for replying anyway guys, its cool to see you are here and ready to offer help :gj:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Acoma wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:07 pm its a very distinct map and anyone who has played it would remember it instantly, especially the underground ramp areas
It certainly sounds very distinctive - let us know if you find it.