Yarr! ☠

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Yarr! ☠

Post by EvilGrins »

I've often found it interesting that where monsters are concerned, hardly anyone has made new ones of an undersea/sea-monster variety. Lots for land, some for the sky, but none for underwater really.

That may have more to do with the fact there's not as many underwater maps as most other types.

However, this isn't about monsters but vehicles instead.
Recent blurb on another forum brought this to mind... does anyone know if anyone's ever made boat type vehicles for ut99?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Yarr! ☠

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:25 am ... does anyone know if anyone's ever made boat type vehicles for ut99?
I haven't come across anything.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Only mover ...but they were all moving automatically.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Like I've said in OU, perhaps the problem is that some people didn't got the memo about when water lakes/passages should be used. Water is, design-wise, a level hazard. Level hazards should be used to house or direct to an area with a strong powerup or superweapon. Outside of SP/Coop it should NEVER be used as a lead to a KEY GAME OBJECTIVE such as a CTF flag or DOM point, which should be reachable by all players.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Possibly the hover vehicles or hoverboard mods could provide a boat.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... jRQdUEzMWs
Never tried them on water though.
Would need to match some useful boat meshes

I would put DM-Zeitkind forward as an example of a map where the water sections are reachable by all, and not a game hazard.
Unreal and UT have the scuba gear if you want to stay under longer, so the idea of being a hazard is maybe more from an SP point of view.
ANUBITEK
Adept

Post by ANUBITEK »

Even if there isn't, I'd imagine they'd be pretty easy to make. There are variables or functions I think to check if an Actor is in a Zone, so you could check to see if it is a Water Zone, make it buoyant by changing its vertical position (Z-axis I think), give it some control with process(delta) by detecting player inputs. You'd probably need a way to attach the player to it though, I'm not sure about that, maybe like a shootable trigger or a touch trigger.

Brainstorming, I have no useful info lol
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3
Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

ANUBITEK wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:40 amBrainstorming, I have no useful info lol
S'okay.

What Hook is looking for is ships for the sea that can fire on each other. He's very big into pirates, so that kind of thing.

Along with what I've discussed above, I'm currently looking for maps with clipper ships on them so I can edit them with cannons to possibly facilitate what he wants.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758