looking for something that would change med packs

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

looking for something that would change med packs

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

hi there my friend sxs stomper and myself are looking for a mod or something that would change the med packs in ut99 to look like camoflauge jerry cans that look like this if its possible cheers
https://i.ibb.co/hgf0bgy/20-litre-camof ... lcan-2.jpg
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: looking for something that would change med packs

Post by OjitroC »

AFAIK there's no mutator that can do that. Whilst there are drinks cans/bottles and candy bars as health pickups, for example, I haven't come across anything like a jerry can, though that could be good with 'real life' weapons or in 'real life' maps.

It can be done easily enough for local play - there's a petrol can in Inf_Decorations and you could subclass the Botpack.Medbox and just replace the mesh with the petrol can mesh. To make a self-contained package, you would need to export the petrol can mesh (or create a new mesh or look online to see if there is a free jerry can mesh around) and then import it, together with an appropriate texture, into a new health subclass. Then you would need a mutator to swap default health packs for the jerry can health.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

You can have Heineken beer cans though ^^
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Se ... eken_2.rar

Or find somebody who can re-edit that texture to your wishes.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

A crudely textured but healthy petrol can
MedCan.jpg
Just an example of what can be done for local use with the Inf petrol can mesh and a texture from an Inf commando. It was summoned rather than placed in the map, hence it being in mid-air and it probably needs resizing a bit as well.
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

wowthat looks really good
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sxshank marvin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 pm wowthat looks really good
You could have a go at making one yourself - using the petrol can mesh from Inf_Decorations.u if you have that. I assume you'd want to use it for online so you would have to make a package (using ucc make with a simple .uc that imported the mesh and an appropriate texture). You could have different sizes for different amounts of health (that one in the screenshot is 20HP) or different textures, and so replace the superhealth, med box and the vials or even have different health values. I might have a go myself sometime. Off-line one can use StuffSwapper to replace the default UT health pickups but I assume there might be a mutator to swap them for on-line play.
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

i really wish i could do that sort of thing yes ideally want it for online play