Looking for DOM-Hydro.unr

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Axon
Novice

Looking for DOM-Hydro.unr

Post by Axon »

Hello!

I'm hoping there's anyone here who still has a vast collection of UT99 maps stored locally and could check something for me.

My brother made a map back in the days called DOM-Hydro.

The only thing I remember is that it had an elevator in it with a reflective floor and that it would go back down if you got stuck between the ceiling and the elevator (when you were standing on the edge of the elevator pretty much).

I think the map was uploaded to one of the various UT99 map websites way back when, but I've already did extensive searching (even going down into the depths of old FTP servers) but nothing has come up, so it's probably lost to time.
darksonny
Adept

Re: Looking for DOM-Hydro.unr

Post by darksonny »

which is the mapper name?
Axon
Novice

Post by Axon »

darksonny wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:43 pm which is the mapper name?
Either Bite or Bite_Me (I think).
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There's a CTF-Hydro16, it's one of the original UT maps, but I don't see any evidence of a DOM hydro.

Where did you learn of this map from?
Got any screenshots?
Is it possible you're mis-remembering the gametype?

Could it have been this?
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... d5d57.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Axon
Novice

Post by Axon »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:33 pm There's a CTF-Hydro16, it's one of the original UT maps, but I don't see any evidence of a DOM hydro.

Where did you learn of this map from?
Got any screenshots?
Is it possible you're mis-remembering the gametype?

Could it have been this?
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... d5d57.html
I know it because my brother made it.
I recall that he put it online somewhere (with a music file that didn't work because it was a mismatch). It's been lost for a while now.

Nope, I'm 100% sure it's Domination and called Hydro. Alas, no screenshots. Just the memory of the very shiny reflective elevator floor.

Alas no, that's also a map I found, but it's not the one.

Thanks a lot for checking though!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

If your brother made it, why not get it from him?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Axon
Novice

Post by Axon »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:38 am If your brother made it, why not get it from him?
Because that's just the thing: we don't have it anymore (it got lost due to losing a backup CD back in the day).

It's a recurring thing so now I thought I'd just reach out to the community (also posted this on Reddit) to see if someone might still have it, because it WAS posted to an UT99 map site as well back then, but no idea which one (and it's probably long dead by now).
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I'll check my install on friday, google really aint helping on this one
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

I tried this site http://www.ut-files.com/, but to no avail. I'll ask my brother if he has it on one of his backup disks. Would be surprised if he doesn't have it.

Edit: I even tried Map raider which surprisingly has a ton of maps from back in the day as well, they didn't have it either.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Well...you may have tried this already, but you do the web.archive.org thing? Let's see if I can ring some bells. Planetunreal and fileplanet would be the obvious ones. I have not found it there. Unrealplayground, Modsquad ( yes, that is for mutators and mods, not maps, but still...). Did he ever join a forum?
Axon
Novice

Post by Axon »

Some more data I can provide is that it was uploaded to a Geocities page and there was a 'review' (comment?) that the included soundtrack didn't work with the map.

The map had a lower level set in a sewer with knee-high water, a main level with hallways and greenery sections, and an upper level that gave out to two balconies. Each level had a domination point, they were named Sewer, Fans, and Balcony
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Axon wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:08 am it was uploaded to a Geocities page
OMG, Geocities!!! What a flashback, even I had a pair of websites there, and now I have no idea what they were called or what they were about. :lol2: So I know the feeling.
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Yeah, it's over for that, Yahoo shutdown and closed off all the servers that ran Geocities web content. My question is, was it a map that was a shortened version of CTF-Hydroponic or was it an originally made map? My brother is going through 200 cd's he has with just UT maps, mutators, skins and the like. Back then we ran a private server that hosted any and all maps that were available over the internet. Any additional information would be useful.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
Axon
Novice

Post by Axon »

NemesisNeS wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:28 pm Yeah, it's over for that, Yahoo shutdown and closed off all the servers that ran Geocities web content. My question is, was it a map that was a shortened version of CTF-Hydroponic or was it an originally made map? My brother is going through 200 cd's he has with just UT maps, mutators, skins and the like. Back then we ran a private server that hosted any and all maps that were available over the internet. Any additional information would be useful.
Nope, it was an originally made map.

DOM-Hydro, Made by Bite or Bite_Me (or a variation thereof) and the information provided, but I guess it's still a needle in a huge haystack...
Axon wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:08 am The map had a lower level set in a sewer with knee-high water, a main level with hallways and greenery sections, and an upper level that gave out to two balconies. Each level had a domination point, they were named Sewer, Fans, and Balcony
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

NemesisNeS wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:28 pm My brother is going through 200 cd's he has with just UT maps, mutators, skins and the like.
Nice. :D Does Shrimp know your brother has this?