Looking for a mutator...

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Looking for a mutator...

Post by Creavion »

papercoffee wrote:But I see a problem... with reviving dead threads.
It was the third time I thought " Uh cool a new thread !" ...but I was disappointed, as I could see it was a dead thread again where no one of the original poster will ever answer again.
to make it short old threads are something between now and 6-8 month ...I think this is ok.
But everything older is a dead thread and should only be exhumed with an update (link is broken here is another one) and not a bug report or small talk because the original poster will not answer.

My opinion
Not only your one. I fully agree. I am sorry if you (Hook) dont agree in this point with us, here I allow to quote NeoNite from beyondunreal (just fits perfectly):
You know.. moderator?
Otherwise we still would have Kaal here around with his BS spamming. The rules here on this forum are anything else than tough.

"EvilGrins" has a last chance to say something important to this topic (in case he has something he still wanna tell here), otherwise I contribute an other "locking" to his "locking-trauma" ( :tongue: ) of threads.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Never said I disagreed with this, just said if a reply, even to an old post, is Relevant, than it should be allowed.
In other words, if there is some good use or a good comment.
What is the harm in it?
Some people are new here, and some old threads could be important to them, as in this case with a reply from a newer member.
Do what you want but that is my opinion, and the opinion of most people I see in UT. :wink:
I do not think that the mere date of a post or thread has anything to do with relevancy any more than the date of a truth written in history does.
If it is relevant, and is still true today, so be it.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

I really dont want to repeat myself and papercoffee already explained it well. Sure, necrobumping is not any crime, but it is annoying to read bumped threads only because users are not watching the posting dates. Maybe moderators on other forums dont handle this point so strictly, but we prefer to keep the forum clean in terms of arrangement of posts. We have not invented the necro-bump issue, so we are not doing anything new which has not existed before somewhere else. This is not a discussion about a map or politics thus not really a topic to debate. I can not say it more clearly: Sometimes you have to accept the moderators rules even if you dont like them.
It does not look like anything important comes anymore on the topic, so... my evil self strikes again.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Hook wrote:If it is still relevant, then I don't see a problem with replying to old threads. :shock:
What paper said... its reviving old topics/threads and stuff... if there will be added usefull info i wont mind it at all... but its "necrobumping" with more then 1 useless word for this. I see this as necrobumping
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission