Jungle Maps

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
ASLY

Jungle Maps

Post by ASLY »

Anyone know good, nice jungle maps?
Similar this 2 map:
MH-Antalius
DM-UTR-Kamah
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Jungle Maps

Post by EvilGrins »

There's a DM-Vietnam, or something like that, which is a HUGE jungle map. There's actually a few Vietnam themed maps but I can't remember the name of just this one.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

ASLYE702 wrote:Anyone know good, nice jungle maps?
Similar this 2 map:
MH-Antalius
DM-UTR-Kamah
Crap maps! I can do better. Once I have finished my current small DM map, I might do a new one, with much better textures (which are already prepared and started waiting to get used finally)

Well that aside, there are some "awesome" jungle themed maps by Kaal :tongue:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

editor Dave wrote:SP-Forest Run was not bad...
http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopi ... =32&t=2050
Ok ...now I will try to rebuild my Gangwar-jungle map ... better than that trees is even for me possible.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

KAAL
So long, and thanks for all the fish
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Thanks! :wink:
JackGriffin wrote:Image
KAAL
WTF?! :ironic:
Creavion wrote: Crap maps! I can do better. Once I have finished my current small DM map, I might do a new one, with much better textures (which are already prepared and started waiting to get used finally)

Well that aside, there are some "awesome" jungle themed maps by Kaal :tongue:
Hmm, i like this 2 map, good textures, sounds, and pretty nice editing!
And i waiting your next map :)
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Crev is an awesome mapper. He's kind of a tool with interpersonal communication though. ( :wink: -for Ferali heh heh)

Kaal is a rather despised member of the greater UT community. He used existing work without permission but then took it further by stating it was his own work. His complete lack of remorse (even to this day) is what's so striking about it.

You guys should all get together and release a jungle themed model/texture pack for mappers. It would go a long way towards encouraging the genre. I like Crev's idea of the low-lying plants that obscure the ground-level monsters. It added a lot of creepy ambiance to the map.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

papercoffee wrote:
Ok ...now I will try to rebuild my Gangwar-jungle map ... better than that trees is even for me possible.
If my time allows it, you should get my help for sure.

@jack: lol thanks but the thing is "never stand still". I always check out other work. In fact I have tried and played nearly all known ut2004 and ut3 jungle maps for example.

@Texture pack: Depends. Jungle is not jungle! In fact you can try to make a jungle only from stock content (best example: Aztec from Unreal beta). You can try to add extra content in typical unreal/ut style, which I also already tried (with success BTW) OR you can select a rather colorful style a la Far Cry/UT2004 etc. Then of course: what kind of jungle? Some tree giants? Palm trees only? Also: only adding a lot of trees and stuff does not make a jungle map, there are other things you have to consider during construction. Actually it is not that hard. I have googled a half ton of jungle and temple pictures over time, giving me ideas in case I do not have anymore left.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Not to take this into OT territory but if you want to do this I'd script reactive foliage for you, meaning that if you ran past a leaf it would sway some before returning to home location. Same with grass, you could up the realism pretty quick with a little environmental reaction. To my eye that was the only thing missing from your MH map.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

JackGriffin wrote:Not to take this into OT territory but if you want to do this I'd script reactive foliage for you, meaning that if you ran past a leaf it would sway some before returning to home location. Same with grass, you could up the realism pretty quick with a little environmental reaction. To my eye that was the only thing missing from your MH map.
In fact I created this... (an example from a rather big PSD - self created not found, although the ingredients of course are mostly from ut2004, stones manually cut from a Hour Nature texture)
dark jungle grass: would be used a places where tall decogras could be found as well as plants "dropping" this kind of leafes.
About to be non-active
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Hmm, there are a good selections of jungle maps in my archive (though mostly for 2K4) I will have a sift through and post a list (with links if I can find them, or I'll re-host).

I love jungle maps with the Zombies!!! mutator running, as you can be surrounded without realising it (except you can hear them).