Search for a mutator

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
[wH]Demetrios
Novice
Personal rank: WhartHogProfessional

Search for a mutator

Post by [wH]Demetrios »

hey guys..i try find a mutator for example:

i can see the player screen in my server...
so for thi i can use when i think a guy bot there...so a can acess and check the guy screen... thx for the help!!!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Search for a mutator

Post by EvilGrins »

This could just be me, but I have no idea what you're saying. More specifically, what you mean.

Please explain this mutator again, preferrably in more than one short sentence. Be detailed.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

I think he means a mutator that allows the admin to view from the player's screen, Like how you can view from the screen of a bot when pressing F5 and going into first person.
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

never heard of, but I now ACE save a screenshot if someone use a cheat.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

VatcilliZeitchef wrote:I think he means a mutator that allows the admin to view from the player's screen, Like how you can view from the screen of a bot when pressing F5 and going into first person.
Isn't it called spectator mode?? :???:

btw.
download search goes into "Download Search"
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Correct.

In practice matches, spectator mode will let you toggle between your view and all the bots views.

In online matches, spectator mode will only work for players in Team Games. And then you can
only spectate other members of the same team.

I think if you are logged into a server as Admin, you can spectate all players in any game, but it has been a long
time since I played with that option on any of my servers, so I am not sure. (If that doesn't work, it should....)

There is also a way to configure things so you can spectate from monsters in the game as well as players, but I forget offhand
what it is.

If the original poster was looking for a way to spectate other players in online games regardless of team when you are NOT
the server admin, I hope that mutator is not available. Because it would be a cheat.

There might be a few coders lurking here who could write such a thing, but I hope that they would not.

I could try to write it for you, but I will require $100,000 cash up front. And if it doesn't work, you have to contract
me for more money to try and fix it. :loool:
blarg
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

What he wants is something UEngine was always extremely weak about (even in UEngine 3.x), and is specifically called: first person spectator.
Now, the game features a spectator mode, but it's always from a third person perspective, however first person perspective has always been difficult, specially in this engine, because in order to "see" that perspective, the game has to pretty much simulate and replicate a ton of data from the guy you want to see.

In short, I think there are a few mods that somehow allow you to do that to an extent (I think even Higor made one), however afaik all of them are far from perfect, and you cannot rely on them to catch bots, for 2 simple reasons:
- they cannot replicate the true view of the player, thus you won't see the bot activated ever on the screen;
- sudden movements (snapping) often suggest the usage of bots, but as I don't tire to reiterate, replication and simulation of such view can also produce such effects to due a multitude of network variables such as ping, packet loss, clogging, and even how the spectating itself is implemented.

Is best for you to rely on ACE for now for those things.
[wH]Demetrios
Novice

Post by [wH]Demetrios »

i just try find a "admin view mutator"...
So what is admin view?
admin view give the permission to admin see the other players screen in the server,yeah like spectator,but you can see particular thing of the player..huds,dots..if the guy bot "the aimbot huds"... idk if exist but can be a good thing :)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

[wH]Demetrios wrote: admin view give the permission to admin see the other players screen in the server,yeah like spectator,but you can see particular thing of the player..huds,dots..if the guy bot "the aimbot huds"... idk if exist but can be a good thing :)
It doesn't exist, because what you're asking is impossible to do, unless something native parallel to ACE started to stream video from the client machine to the server or another service, which in that case it would be in severe breach of privacy, to not mention the massive amount of processing the client machine has to do and an equal high amount of bandwidth needed to stream and receive that video live in full detail.

Without direct video streaming through a native intrusive mod (which is going too far imo), aimbots and wall-hacks and stuff like that are uncatchable that way. They render on top of things (is purely client-side stuff), and obviously are never replicated at all to the server, therefore the server never knows about this from a visual perspective (just like I mentioned, the max the server can do is to "simulate" a view, and in that simulation you won't ever see anything extra from the client other than what you expect a player to see normally).

That's why we even have ACE in the first place, which runs straight in the client itself and any catches have a screenshot taken as proof to show those rendering abnormalities which show botting, wall-hacking or any other. If we could just plug-in in some player screen and see what's he's seeing then ACE would be almost borderline useless, because in that case probably even an UScript mod could detect those abnormalities easily.
[wH]Demetrios
Novice

Post by [wH]Demetrios »

Feralidragon wrote:
[wH]Demetrios wrote: admin view give the permission to admin see the other players screen in the server,yeah like spectator,but you can see particular thing of the player..huds,dots..if the guy bot "the aimbot huds"... idk if exist but can be a good thing :)
It doesn't exist, because what you're asking is impossible to do, unless something native parallel to ACE started to stream video from the client machine to the server or another service, which in that case it would be in severe breach of privacy, to not mention the massive amount of processing the client machine has to do and an equal high amount of bandwidth needed to stream and receive that video live in full detail.

Without direct video streaming through a native intrusive mod (which is going too far imo), aimbots and wall-hacks and stuff like that are uncatchable that way. They render on top of things (is purely client-side stuff), and obviously are never replicated at all to the server, therefore the server never knows about this from a visual perspective (just like I mentioned, the max the server can do is to "simulate" a view, and in that simulation you won't ever see anything extra from the client other than what you expect a player to see normally).

That's why we even have ACE in the first place, which runs straight in the client itself and any catches have a screenshot taken as proof to show those rendering abnormalities which show botting, wall-hacking or any other. If we could just plug-in in some player screen and see what's he's seeing then ACE would be almost borderline useless, because in that case probably even an UScript mod could detect those abnormalities easily.
well,thx...have how i take screen shots out enabled ace??
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

You will have to talk with Anthrax on that. ACE only takes a screenshot of the game when something odd is detected, thus to make it take a screenshot by commanding it to would need a modification on ACE which only he can do (but I am not sure if he would accept doing so).
[wH]Demetrios
Novice

Post by [wH]Demetrios »

Feralidragon wrote:You will have to talk with Anthrax on that. ACE only takes a screenshot of the game when something odd is detected, thus to make it take a screenshot by commanding it to would need a modification on ACE which only he can do (but I am not sure if he would accept doing so).
ok but thx for the help..i will try contact ant... :gj: :tu:

Edit------------------------------- by papercoffee

guys you dont know a mutator to display messages in the screen during the game??thx
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

No doble post por favor!
Please avoid double posts next time.