Giant, abstract, multi-themed and asymmetrical DM/CTF maps?

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
heliumcat
Skilled

Giant, abstract, multi-themed and asymmetrical DM/CTF maps?

Post by heliumcat »

One where I could do a duel against a godlike bot whilst having the place literally filled with monsters and items (spawned by monsterspawn, dropper, swarmspawn ect) that "harden" my quest towards finding that one scumbag godlike bot and killing him/getting killed by him?
jaypeezy
Experienced

Re: Giant, abstract, multi-themed and asymmetrical DM/CTF ma

Post by jaypeezy »

I think stuff like this is generally achieved through the use of mutators, rather than hard-coded into the map itself. Specifically, you might try looking into TallyHo! mod, which will sometimes spawn human bots (like a Xan Kriegor bot!) instead of monsters; the bots are waaay smarter and killing them gives you a bonus. Pretty cool mod, imo.

Aaaaaand, I'll add lastly, I basically run a server now and then that sorta describes what you just did: a bunch of monsters get spawned, but it's team deathmatch game-type so it's like looking out for the other players but fighting through crowds of monsters too!
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

Well yeah, achieving this through mutators is basically what I do, but most maps just don't fit for it, as they're too small and symmetrical/samey if you know what I mean.
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

Ah, I understand. I believe someone on these forums made a huuuuge city map that was basically a bunch of the stock UT99 maps placed together into separate buildings, that sounds like it would be big enough to support such fun.