godzilla pawn

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: godzilla pawn

Post by Dr.Flay »

Grins, when you have a PC working use my guide to combining both games.
You can play most UT maps in Unreal and use most of the same monsters.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Back in the day, when I learned of the MegaTitan, I tracked it down to fight it. Summoned it into a LARGE map, was blown away by how huge it was.

For a fair test, went in with standard UT-weapons and fired a rocket salvo at it... which killed it.

Turns out the MT's default health is less than that of the average player.

See, boys and girls? Size really doesn't matter!

For a perspective Godzilla pawn, I think the health should be no less than 8,000. Even allowing for its devastating (one would think) attacks, the thing will be a massive target and will get shot a lot from all over the place. Not like it can duck and hide behind a tree.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

A monster so large will require compartmentalized damage. Mine is going to have multiple skins for burn damage, shot damage, etc. and these will replace for (probably) six areas: arms, legs, torso, head. You shoot up the legs and the texture will reflect bullet holes and bleeding after X amount of damage. You burn the torso with rocket blasts and it will blacken and crisp up some. Hurt an arm bad enough and he may not be able to use it.

Anyway, the point is that super large monsters require a paradigm shift in how they are handled.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Hmmmm, so my old idea for an "all-in-1 walking level" may even bare fruit !?
So, like the Cloverfield monster you could have different small monsters spawned from different zones taking damage of certain types.
The bigger the damage, the bigger the beast etc.
All shoot at it with enforcers and miniguns and you get swarms of flies.
Spam it with deemers and get Warlords.
ummm, pawns may need to use the tournament spawn-protection power so they don't simply die as they appear.
Possibly MrLoathsomes Dropper and spawning code may already be a head start for this.

Actually I guess it would need to be user editable so server specific weapons would work, as CoOp servers do like special weaponry, and they aren't always a sub-class of a regular one.

Anyway, that would require real team work to beat, you could not just get away with constantly blasting it with huge scoring ammo (sorry Grins).