Linux installer

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Linux installer

Post by Lee_Stricklin » Fri May 16, 2008 1:41 am

I recently had to delete (actually rig it to not boot up) my Windows partition due to one of the many viruses that got unleashed this month and I was wondering if there was an installer that would enable me to run UT on Linux. I found a few of them out there, but none of them seem to work with Ubuntu 7.10 and Wine emulator doesn't like UTDC (pic below) or UT's GUI.

Rork
Novice

Re: Linux installer

Post by Rork » Tue May 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Sorry for the topic kick but I hate finding forum posts with the question I have but without the answer. Thereby I like to advocate using UT on linux and I must admit I didn't check the year.

Loki created UT installers for linux, you can find them here. Pick the ut-install-<version>.run you need.

Neon_Knight
Novice

Post by Neon_Knight » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Late answer... sorry for not coming here before. :P

Here's what I've found, it has installers for retail and GOTY editions, and the four Bonus Packs rolled up into one file:

http://www.liflg.org/?catid=6&gameid=51
Official (?) U1 v227/UT v469 .int and spanish localization fixer/maintainer. - Unreal Wiki
"Practice good sportsmanship. You were a n00b once, too." - UT3 Loading Screen
"Level Designers are 1 part architect, 1 part artist, 1 part game designer, and 1 part beta tester!" - Cliff Bleszinski
"The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000." - Fast Eddie
"The projects that never start are the projects with the "idea man" as the leader." - Brandon "GreenMarine" Reinhart

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Ha ...I forgot about this web page ...thank you now I switch from Wind'oh to Linux Mint

Neon_Knight
Novice

Post by Neon_Knight » Sat May 07, 2011 7:04 pm

The only thing is that it randomly crashes when pressing the screenshot key (I don't know if it's a fault of my drivers or if it's something else) and that it DDOS my connection when playing online. :S
Official (?) U1 v227/UT v469 .int and spanish localization fixer/maintainer. - Unreal Wiki
"Practice good sportsmanship. You were a n00b once, too." - UT3 Loading Screen
"Level Designers are 1 part architect, 1 part artist, 1 part game designer, and 1 part beta tester!" - Cliff Bleszinski
"The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000." - Fast Eddie
"The projects that never start are the projects with the "idea man" as the leader." - Brandon "GreenMarine" Reinhart