Linux installer

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Linux installer

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

I recently had to delete (actually rig it to not boot up) my Windows partition due to one of the many viruses that got unleashed this month and I was wondering if there was an installer that would enable me to run UT on Linux. I found a few of them out there, but none of them seem to work with Ubuntu 7.10 and Wine emulator doesn't like UTDC (pic below) or UT's GUI.

Rork
Novice

Re: Linux installer

Post by Rork »

Sorry for the topic kick but I hate finding forum posts with the question I have but without the answer. Thereby I like to advocate using UT on linux and I must admit I didn't check the year.

Loki created UT installers for linux, you can find them here. Pick the ut-install-<version>.run you need.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Late answer... sorry for not coming here before. :P

Here's what I've found, it has installers for retail and GOTY editions, and the four Bonus Packs rolled up into one file:

http://www.liflg.org/?catid=6&gameid=51
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ha ...I forgot about this web page ...thank you now I switch from Wind'oh to Linux Mint
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

The only thing is that it randomly crashes when pressing the screenshot key (I don't know if it's a fault of my drivers or if it's something else) and that it DDOS my connection when playing online. :S
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.