Looking for CTF-SeasonOfPassage

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Renegade
Adept
Personal rank: Vigilante

Looking for CTF-SeasonOfPassage

Post by Renegade »

This is a map by L.J. Paranoid (author of Croon, Croon][, Swoon, Tregeagle).
I've seriously checked everywhere, and I've been through just about every website I know of that hosts map files.
I don't think it's online anymore, and was wondering if any of you have it stored away somewhere :)

All I remember of the map is it having a few separate areas with different seasons. One of the areas has frozen snowfall.
The map I'm thinking of might not even be this one, but I'm something like 80% sure it is.

Thanks for the help!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Looking for CTF-SeasonOfPassage

Post by UnrealGGecko »

According to FraG's page, it was part of the FoT packs at one point... but was withdrawn later :/ https://sites.google.com/site/fragnbrag ... 1-map-pack

I'd like to get the other 2 withdrawn maps too :?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

actually, iirc, you will find this map in project zephon (either it's the original or the final map, i cant remember which, lol - i don't think it was called SoP in PZ though - and obviously it is not a CTF map!
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Renegade
Adept

Post by Renegade »

Thank you. I received a PM earlier. A lot of helpful people on this board.
UnrealGecko wrote:According to FraG's page, it was part of the FoT packs at one point... but was withdrawn later :/ https://sites.google.com/site/fragnbrag ... 1-map-pack

I'd like to get the other 2 withdrawn maps too :?
Atropos isn't tough to find and is a pretty solid map with great geometry and terrain:
http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Downloads/M ... tropos.zip

The other I can't seem to locate :(
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

OK here's CTF-FoT-Abandoned][ with all of it's packages (except readme, sorry). :)
Attachments
CTF-FoT-Abandoned][.rar
(6.15 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
Renegade
Adept

Post by Renegade »

UnrealGecko wrote:OK here's CTF-FoT-Abandoned][ with all of it's packages (except readme, sorry). :)
Thanks!

CTF-FoT-Abandoned][ is a nice map, but not exactly FoT quality aesthetics-wise. the lighting is bland and some spaces are too wide open. I feel like it would play better as a low-grav map.

The Lighting on CTF-SeasonsOfPassage could use some work, and the teleporters too. I feel like A teleportation zone should have been set up, instead of what feels like a small teleporter actor with a radius too small (it's easy to pass right through the big portals without actually teleporting). Also, the layout is kind of boring. The middle zone is too small and cramped and lacking in z-axis. There's no opportunity for players to choose from multiple paths. I feel like L.J. gave visuals priority over game play here (not unlike his other maps).

Great, great efforts, but I can see why these were dropped -_-
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

UnrealGecko wrote:OK here's CTF-FoT-Abandoned][ with all of it's packages (except readme, sorry). :)
Thanks for that. I got the above files from a redirect. I might think that somewhere in that rubble there are complete packages for a lot of maps, but I wouldn't know where to begin organizing them efficiently.