unrealkillers.com

Introduce your Clan or your Community!
$carface
Skilled

unrealkillers.com

Post by $carface »

Hello all. A lot has changed at unrealkillers.com over the past few months so I thought I'd post an update.

As you all probably know, we run Siege uK One Night Stand located at 75.102.40.198, comboinstagib server with grapplehook located at 75.102.40.199 and Bunnytrack at 75.102.40.197.

We've recently tapped into instagib which has been hugely successful
Instagib UK is at 109.70.149.182
Instagib US is at 75.102.41.52

There are some nice code review discussions going on at the forums too so you are all welcome to join and have some healthy discussions/arguments!

Thanks all, see you around
Bianca
Novice

Re: unrealkillers.com

Post by Bianca »

Hello,

yeah really nice, i like your Servers.

But: Why i cant register at your Forum? Then it just come: I am a spawner.

Bianca.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

You should be able to register...what's the issue? Have you tried recently?
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Combogib - USA LAG PARADISE :cry:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

It's the zeroping. Man I really hate that mod.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

JackGriffin wrote:It's the zeroping. Man I really hate that mod.
I still wonder why no one created a "lag compensation" mod instead... which is what modern shooters use, and they're much more stable and reliable than zp (since they run fully on the server).
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:
I still wonder why no one created a "lag compensation" mod instead... which is what modern shooters use, and they're much more stable and reliable than zp (since they run fully on the server).

Like that ? http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... ed_PB7.rar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

medor wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:

Like that ? http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... ed_PB7.rar
Wow, exactly like that. My idea on the implementation differs a small bit, but most of it is exactly that.
I wonder why no one actually picked this up and relied on ZP instead all this time? I mean: ZP => obfuscated, UL => open ... which means, even with bugs it could be fixed by virtually anyone given that the author is most likely unreachable by now, plus lag compensation is highly used in shooters nowadays anyway, and they are much more reliable and secure, and don't need to be closed (which in UT doesn't help any mod anyway nowadays).
I really don't understand the whole set of UT admins/coders sometimes, specially why on earth they still rely on ZP when there was already something better since the year 2000...
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Feralidragon wrote:Wow, exactly like that. My idea on the implementation differs a small bit, but most of it is exactly that.
I wonder why no one actually picked this up and relied on ZP instead all this time? I mean: ZP => obfuscated, UL => open ... which means, even with bugs it could be fixed by virtually anyone given that the author is most likely unreachable by now, plus lag compensation is highly used in shooters nowadays anyway, and they are much more reliable and secure, and don't need to be closed (which in UT doesn't help any mod anyway nowadays).
I really don't understand the whole set of UT admins/coders sometimes, specially why on earth they still rely on ZP when there was already something better since the year 2000...
Well, I reverse engineered a couple of zeroping versions, it was an interesting learning experience.
Second thing is, that I already found out how to make a sub-package that can call functions and read variables from an obfuscated package, so yeah, if I did it, anyone can do it too.
Third, I really hate that only 3 weapons are compensated, gonna take a look at the Unlag mod...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote: I wonder why no one actually picked this up and relied on ZP instead all this time?
better PR ...belief me better PR is the difference between success and fail.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

I actually tried Unlagged....it felt terrible.

Everyone is used to ZP so changing to Unlagged would have huge implications on people's skill level.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I've heard this several times now that unlagged doesn't 'feel' right, and that it's inferior to zp. That's interesting because it tells me that it's psychologically more important to players that they hit what they see even at the cost of weirdness to them being hit themselves by shots that seem to miss. Unlagged will never give that sort of behavior and maybe that's why it's just not popular.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
it's just not popular.
normal it's new from 2012-Apr-17 .....waiting to see
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

The code though has been around, this just happens to be the latest version.