Japan Server

Introduce your Clan or your Community!
supernova
Novice

Japan Server

Post by supernova »

We have this server in Japan, where anyone is very welcome.
If you are in Asia or nearby, come to our server and pop a few headshots off :tu:

-----------------
http://ut.spetson.net/
-----------------
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: Japan Server

Post by UTPe »

glad to know UT99 is still alive also in the Far East :tu:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Will try it out but I think my Ping will be horrible. ;)
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Welcome supernova.
I have some very nice Japanese made maps. I know it has always been popular there.
I see from your forum, you have had some problems over the past few years.
Post here regularly, and hopefully you will see more visitors.

You can give your server link like this [url]unreal://108.61.250.170:7777[/url] we support unreal links :tu:

Code: Select all

[url]unreal://108.61.250.170:7777[/url]
A list of your mods and some of your main maps will be useful when you get a chance, so people know what to expect.
Perhaps if you do not host the maps and mods for regular downloads, you can give links to Mapraider, UT-Files or ModDB.
More foreign users will have quicker access to play :tu:
supernova
Novice

Post by supernova »

Thank you very much Dr.Flay.
It would be nice to have some Japanese maps in the Tokyo server.

And about or server...
Is a Free Style Server.
We run a custom mod called UEF, 3 weapons are available, Custom M16 (Zark Style) Custom Rocket and Redeemer.
We do not use any additional mutators, the map vote, server ranking, custom chat, UTPatrol (Anti Cheat), Respawn Protection, Adrenaline+Combos, Custom Bots and various other little things are all embedded in the mod itself.
We also have a server schedule feature, which allows us to program the server to run DM, CTF or TDM on specified days of the week but we are not using this feature in Tokyo.
We are currently playing only DM there, some 1on1 maps, wide maps for snipers, and of course the classics.

All our downloads are redirected to our Web server that is hosted in the United States, and when (if) a file does not exist on our server, the download is automatically redirected to ut-files.com

Cya!!!

Youtube:

[youtube]mZUn1i2AJxE[/youtube]
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Hello supernova

Your UEF-Mod seems to be nice with its score based system.

Found out you got a download section for the needed files on your server, good idea! UTPatrol sounds interesting, is it self made?
Oh ... and what was the map after Rankin called?

I will try to join your server, i hope the ping doesnt kill me :D

Ohhh...
supernova wrote: All our downloads are redirected to our Web server that is hosted in the United States, and when (if) a file does not exist on our server, the download is automatically redirected to ut-files.com
THIS is cool!!!

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Oh BTW. It is probably worth mentioning that the site is mostly in English, so there is no reason for most people not to visit :tu:
supernova
Novice

Post by supernova »

Yes, we always try to write in English on our website and forum, although it is not our primary language, so sorry for all grammatical errors.

UT Patrol was made by our programmer,and works good with the exception of a few bugs that are part of the mod.
Our mod is an unfinished work due to the problems that happened in 2011, when we lost the source code.
wotgreal or UTPG never was able to restore our source code in an acceptable way, so we decided that 461 would be the final version.

And as you mentioned the ping problem, it's worth saying that one of our members manage a lot of VPS around the world, therefore, if we can attract some players with some interest in our mod, we can set up new servers in other regions.
We even try (Singapore, Australia and Dallas) some time ago, but we didn't have online players enough to make sense to continue paying these VPS's. :oops:

But who knows ... right?
We're still alive. :rock:

Oh, and BTW, I think the map you referred is the DM-Rankin-MLTDM.unr
if I'm not mistaken this map was ported from UT2004.

Thanks guys.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I believe UTPe ment the map after that one (which is SureShots DM-1on1-Apex If I'm not mistaken).
And what about the map from 01:20 to the end of the video?