[Discussion] The Errorist Network / 333networks forums

Introduce your Clan or your Community!
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Re: Invitation for The Errorist Network / 333networks forums

Post by noccer »

*sign*
Last edited by noccer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Darkelarious wrote:It is up to the ut99.org staff to consider whether billybill's presence on this board does not compromise the safe and constructive atmosphere on this board. We therefore request that the staff consider suspending his account for an undefined amount of time, to prevent further attempts on damaging our and other people's ideas, initiatives and reputations.
Darkelarious wrote:Our only regret is that we have to request that you get banned. We still think that silencing somebody for their opinion and attitude is morally incorrect. However, your freedom of speech stops where you start taking it away from others.
To preserve the safe and constructive atmosphere on our forum is the job of the staff crew at UT99.org. We decide when and why a thread get closed or a member get banned.
It's never easy to decide... because what pleases one side will anger the other side.
To keep the balance and neutrality of our forum didn't always go as planed... So, when you see need to criticize us please do it here on our board in the "Suggestion, Criticism, Questions" section.

Regarding billybill's behavior:
As I stated before
papercoffee wrote:@billybill
one last chance ...behave or leave!
Syntax-Error
Novice
Personal rank: Admin & Player

Post by Syntax-Error »

Wises wrote:I setup a Trash-Box part for posts like this shit^..
Hey Wises,

This sounds like a great idea.
Do you mind if I use it for our board?
Not that we already need it, but better be prepared eh ;)
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

@syntax-error ,yeah bro go for it :D , can also use the below suggestions as well if want too :tu:

>> Will come over and reg when I get a chance as you guys have some really good ideas concepts.

was gonna reply to above comments but basically I don't think much more needs to be said Tbh.. you guys nailed it in 1 paragraph.
papercoffee wrote:To preserve the safe and constructive atmosphere on our forum is the job of the staff crew at UT99.org. We decide when and why a thread get closed or a member get banned.
It's never easy to decide...
@ Paper^ .. it should be more Democratic meaning WE - ALL Should have the "Choice"

Weather or not 'Village Idiot's' should be;
- Allowed to say ,
- Given a Chance,
- or Kicked to the curb..

This is !Not how it is atm ^^ and clearly current method is mre of a suppressant instead of a remedy..
kinda like, knowing that there's a stool in the toilet ... but not allowed to flush it, lest we get the brush too... :/
followed by..
leaving a rotten apple in the basket will soon rot all the other apples soon enough.

perhaps. and I know this shit falls on deaf ears (*refer other ideas for forum in past)

However.. the theory is... if (some0ne) plays up... there could be a thread for 'Revoking Membership Proposals'..

Thoughts..

- if 60-80% of the Active_Registered_Users_Group voted on a poll.. then it would become an Active_Poll
- what happens if inactive_Members_vote as well?.. votes are still valid (for time being) Active_Members just increases ;)
- polls could run for (whatever Time-Frame) or until 80% of the active user's have voted &
- Polls may need to be a certain percentage (33% or a 1/3) apart? from each-other or switched to pending / void.

Chances could be *wild-cards , where they could be divided between the YES/NO votes to get a better result perhaps.

test this theory 'mickey mouse maths coming up' follow's;

12 active members
4 Yes , 3 No , 2 maybe (split chances between y/n)
5:4 = null vote (need more votes to make official)
dif =1

12 Active Member
7 YES , 4 NO , 10 YES
(7+5)-(4+5)
12:9
dif =3

magical calculation appears before us

Code: Select all

Answer:

Calculate percentage difference
between V1 = 11 and V2 = 9

( | V1 - V2 | / ((V1 + V2)/2) ) * 100

= ( | 11 - 9 | / ((11 + 9)/2) ) * 100
= ( | 2 | / (20/2) ) * 100
= ( 2 / 10 ) * 100
= 0.2 * 100

= 20% difference 

Vote fails to pass because threshold is <33% of active members ...

*needs revision

workflow...

> [Membership Demotion & Termination thread]
>> [request a membership to be reviewed]
>>> [reason for 'Membership to be reviewed]
>>>> [poll created and options set - defaults Y/N/O]
>>>>> [votes tallied]
>>>>>> [action taken]

Some Options could be:

> Request for (Member's Name) membership to be Revoked
-[Yes] - Remove this member Immediately!
-[No] - (*Obvious*)
-[Other] - Give this Member Another chance? ;)
-[Comment] - my reason for so 'n' so to be removed is because of my back.

^voters should be able to;
- change mind / votes (over time)
- only pick one choice Y/N/O (*again Obvious I guess*)
- comment on poll maturely? less new poll be created.
- be anonymous if they want to
- not abuse the polling system (Broad enough for mods to step-in)

^Voters should also have preset-requisites before being able to vote.
- so voters need to have at least 10 posts in that last 2 months , or something.. basically 'active'

[polls]
- Need to probably be based on the 'Active Members' number's (not all).
- ^ if said incident escalated over 3 months then (members affected over that period get their Membership Tallied in the int Active_Members=12;
- ^ now in theory there should only really be 12 votes and it could go 3 ways.. ? 4 votes [YES} , 4 votes [NO] , 4 votes [Give em a chance!] ~ Void vote btw (got a chance by technicality lmao) || 7 , 3 , 2 ~ 'Pack ya Bag's , your'e outta here!' even IF [No's and Chances] Combined.. 7:5 *Poof.

this allows us [ALL] to make the decision on who Stays or goes in our Community :)
^ this also allows for you to do the real job && not feel bad about it .. because "What the Missus wants, she gets!" (Pun intended)

these polls if 'better-utilized' could be used also for ;

- Promoting Members (Request to Promote xYz to be green and so-forth.
- making changes to the board..etc
- adding functionality
- what ever..

appended to these things .. you could even do much cooler things just using bbcodes and a little bit of CSS to spice up basic things.

I will admit iam myself growing weary of these limitations and mismanagement techniques from the 1930-40's.

done editing:

:idea: need a plugin for board to alert viewers that posts are still being edited.. (thinks there is something available).
:idea: :idea: Karma mod which does all that ^^ automatically ....
:idea: :idea: :idea: quit editing and go get some air...

ttfn.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Wises wrote:@ Paper^ .. it should be more Democratic meaning WE - ALL Should have the "Choice"

Weather or not 'Village Idiot's' should be;
- Allowed to say ,
- Given a Chance,
- or Kicked to the curb..
You think about a kick-vote like something similar on some server. But this is not how forums work...
Such a situation can rapidly turn into a witch-hunt.
And the vote would be meaning- and useless in a urgent situation.
Say...
-We would need a minimum of votes... but what if this minimum won't be reached because only 3 member are active at the time. How long should we (the staff) wait till we take action? If we wait till the vote minimum was reached... can the scallywag go on posting rampage in the meantime.
-If we don't have a minimum votes system ...how would it be justifiable that only 3 member decide on behalf of the whole community if someone get banned.
In any circumstances does the staff have the final say and decide to ban or not to ban the scallywag because of his bad behavior.

And we talk about an offender and grouser not someone who posts an unpopular opinion and/or some unpleasant questions.
Where would you put the line ...what offends you is not the same what offends others.
I get offended by stupidity. If this would be a selection criterion for a kick-vote would many people end up in the ban list ...me included.

I say,
don't worry too much about how and why people should be banned! Use the "report" button and let the staff handle it. This would be much more of help then any kick-vote could.
Wises wrote: need a plugin for board to alert viewers that posts are still being edited.. (thinks there is something available).
Write in big Green letters ...-=will be edited=-. :wink:
Wises wrote: Karma mod which does all that ^^ automatically ....
Well this depends on Shade ... he put many custom stuff in the phpBB software that he fears to break the stability of the forum by updating it, and we need to update it if we want to use any new plugins. But maybe it's time to pimp up the forum a little bit ...please write in the "Suggestion, Criticism, Questions" section your ideas and we will draw Shades attention to this thread. That applies to ALL member of UT99.org
Wises wrote: quit editing and go get some air...
till all this is updated (whenever that may be) do we need the help from all of you... thus ...discuss in a reasonable and mature way. And don't double post. :mrgreen:

Thank you very much.