[Discussion] The Errorist Network / 333networks forums

Introduce your Clan or your Community!
Red_Fist
Godlike

[Discussion] The Errorist Network / 333networks forums

Post by Red_Fist »

This thread is split from https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6101 Dr.Flay

Hey I found my old pingtool program for quake 1, not sure anyone can use it but was going to mention it a while back on that other thread. It came out when quake started going downhill from the quakeworld client days.
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The thread became a battleground of insults
Binary Space Partitioning
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: Invitation for The Errorist Network / 333networks forums

Post by Wises »

very dark looking... this Terrorist Network.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Wises wrote:very dark looking... this Terrorist Network.
I find the name "errorist" to be fishy enough. :/
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Wises wrote:very dark looking... this Terrorist Network.
Yeah the readability of the gray font is not that great ...it could use some adjustment.
Chamberly wrote:I find the name "errorist" to be fishy enough. :/
Why that ?

@ Syntax-Error
Why is your thread in "Off-Topic"? It's clearly UT related.
I'll move it to "Clans and Community pages".

Moved
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

The name could be something else for better fit imo.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Syntax-Error
Novice
Personal rank: Admin & Player

Post by Syntax-Error »

Chamberly wrote:The name could be something else for better fit imo.
Chamberly wrote:I find the name "errorist" to be fishy enough. :/
Well...
I play Unreal since it got release in '98/'99.
My nickname has always been Syntax-Error. A few months ago one of the players called me the Errorist.
I thought it was funny and since I run multiple Unreal servers, I started to call it The Errorist Network. ;)
papercoffee wrote:Yeah the readability of the gray font is not that great ...it could use some adjustment.
I'll have a look at that. Thanks!

Edit: I edited the color of topic posts. I didn't change it to white, but made it brighter than it was.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

lol, i think, in a game where you KILL people with WEAPONS like AK47 in Maps like DM-PARIS and DM-WorldTradeCenter
errorist is really not a bad name ;)

This is what some Gabbers wear, http://www.know-more-stylez.de/shop/T-S ... -9_18.html As seen yesterday in an ALDI

Thank you for the new forum, was about time :D

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:that's entirely too literal. It's name is unreal tournament, thus it should be seen as a competitive game that you play to win. I am not sure what you are trying to state here. Didn't even want to point this out but you took it very far. I see now though that forums.333networks.com is the new name and not 'the errorist network forums'. Thank you
Syntax-Error
Novice
Personal rank: Admin & Player

Post by Syntax-Error »

billybill wrote:I see now though that forums.333networks.com is the new name and not 'the errorist network forums'. Thank you
Well... If you had taken the time to read on the board, you probably wouldn't have taken the time to announce your "conclusion".

The board is hosted by me and IS on The Errorist Network.
I started it because I had the feeling it could turn in something usefull.
And since it is also convenient as a platform to store and share information regarding the 333networks Master Server and related materials, I have it configured it as such that it responds to 2 different hostnames.
Both hostnames (forum.errorist.tk & forums.333networks.com) do point at the same board : My board - The Errorist Network.

So, your "conclusion" is wrong.
You could have known this, if you had taken the time to read about it on the board.
For clarification I kindly point you at the following topic : http://forum.errorist.tk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7
as well as the rules : http://forum.errorist.tk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

If you have any questions, please let me know.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I knew it was wrong. It's not hard to point a subdomain to a different ip

I was hoping by the time it was read a full re-branding would've taken place to complement the subdomain. I'm sorry but after Wises, chamberly and noccer I am the fourth to point out the bad taste of that name
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

Waitwait, let me get this straight. The whole fuzz that's now going on is the NAME? Are you out of gunpowder to fire on 333networks, so now Errorist is caught in the crossfire?

The errorist network has been around for a long time already, Syntax-Error has been working with 333networks and hosting a master server for over a year now. When the main 333networks servers are offline for maintenance, Errorist.tk has been hosting our material. All this time nobody talks about this, but now all of a sudden it becomes a problem?
billybill wrote:I was hoping by the time it was read a full re-branding would've taken place to complement the subdomain.
What is this even a reference to? You want 333networks to rename to errorist too?

For clarity (and pointed out by Syntax in triplets), the errorist and 333networks forums are the same thing.
http://forums.333networks.com
http://forum.errorist.tk

If you have a problem with sharing "Errorist" links, then you're free to type "333networks" instead. It doesn't make a single difference.

Other than that, if anyone can not even see/read the difference between "errorist" and "terrorist", you should not be allowed on *any* forum. If you simply don't have a sense of humour or not the knowledge to know the relation between "error" and "errorist", then get to the 333networks forum instead. If this causes an actual problem to peope, then my response is "wow, that is sad". For people who are "offended" by whatever crybaby reason not to like the name, everybody has the right to be offended, who are we to take that right away? The direction that this discussion is taking infuriates me -- this post announced a new development board, because everybody was screaming for it three threads ago. Additionally, if this is about our forum, why not register and continue the discussion there, before this turns into a discussion "too aggressive" for this board?
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I think some of those still-supported games will be dropping you soon. You don't think it's a little strange linking to forums with a different branding and calling them your own? I'm starting to think there's a method to your madness... one can only guess. That name really is in bad taste with or with-out the 't' at the start. Looks like it's on an off-shore anonymous free domain too, rather than on your main one... I do wonder
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

billybill wrote:That name really is in bad taste with or with-out the 't' at the start.
Boo hoo.
Go complain to the owner --> Syntax-Error. Don't forget to mention that you have no sense of humor and are unable to see the origin of the word.
billybill wrote:Looks like it's on an off-shore anonymous free domain too
So, you're saying that it's a cheapy-ass free domain? If yes, (regardless whether it's the case or not) so what? Or have you even never heard of the .tk domain? in either case you should get a punch in the face for AGAIN trying to imply that I'm involved in something criminal.
billybill wrote:rather than on your main one...
In contrary to you, some people work together to start something new. I don't like phpbb forums on my own server (php on a perl server, blegh), but I do like the idea of a forum for development and a place where people can discuss my master server without your sh!t. Syntax-Error has been walking around for a while with the idea to start a forum for UEngine games in general, in combination with games that are supported by my masterserver. It would not be fair to call it the 333networks forums if they're not really 333networks' forums while discussing the 333networks master server, so that's why it's not called the 333networks forum. Instead, I provided Syntax-Error with a subdomain that points to his forum:
Darkelarious wrote:For clarity (and pointed out by Syntax in triplets), the errorist and 333networks forums are the same thing.
http://forums.333networks.com
http://forum.errorist.tk
But I'll spell it out for you again:
It's a shared forum between 333networks and The Errorist Network! They are the same thing! That's why the topic says "Invitation for The Errorist Network / 333networks forums!" and not "The Errorist Network" or "333networks forums"!
billybill wrote:I do wonder
Oh really? Because so far I have not seen a single shred of wonder from you. You keep implying all different kinds of negative futures for 333networks. You keep insulting me, and when I don't bite, people around me. At UnrealTournament.info I answered all of your (acted) concerns. Now, you have nothing negative left to say about 333networks, so you start attacking the people and hosts associated with 333networks. What comes next, bullying people who use the 333networks masterserver? Or did you already get started with that too? Everything but "wonder".

This thread is an invitation to join the errorist/333 forums. If you don't want to join, don't join! Just leave this thread, and go imply something negative about somebody else. But stop with the billshit that you put up against 333networks and the people who stand up for it. You want 333networks down? It's not going to happen! The reason: because we don't treat other people like shit. Communities are based on constructive feedback and help, not lies and fear. We have fun while providing something useful for others. Others appreciate and support us providing.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Ladies and gentlemen,

This is an invitation to 333Networks / Errorist Network forums.

What is the sense of all this stupid discussion about the name? I can misread your names too, bullybill, Hamberly, Wipes... :)
My name is noccer, and i love Nogger. (who will be the first?)
I think the Thread should be shortened or at least split, because this is not a discussion thread, but an invitation.

Feel free to discuss in 333nw/Errorist.tk forum.
Last edited by noccer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Skinless ppl getting worried over a cheeky name, typical "first world problems".

PD: Somebody had to say it...
OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN