Project UT Decade

Discussions about UT99
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Project UT Decade

Post by GenMoKai »

Protos wrote:LoL @ this thread.

The only one who has a clue is dynaphase. The rest of you are living in a fantasy world.
Never shot, is always a miss

Think about that first before "complaining" we are trying our best here to maybe get at least a response
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Protos
Novice

Post by Protos »

yah..... whatever kid, is that what mommy tells you?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Protos wrote:yah..... whatever kid, is that what mommy tells you?
LOL at you man, what do you know about Epic? No, no, what exactly do you know about Epic that we don't?

And for start, if we all send a a petition each, with a bit of luck they will receive thousands of petitions.
I don't know how old are you, but it seems to me that you don't know this "company" world and maybe you're at school.
Don't talk about that if you don't know, I'm in a company too, a the biggest and most important one in my country and some countries (like Brazil and Angola, that has the potential to be the most powerfull country in the whole world, more that USA), so I kinda know how "business" works around here. Yes, I don't like my company, they only see $$, but I know where they could say yes and no in certain things, and Epic is the same damn thing, with a different type of business.

Yes, it's not easy to make this Open Source, we all know that, but for your info:
- UTPG had the full source code, so they could release the patch 451
- There's already the source code (open source) of UT until version 432
- This would be just a little step further, and Epic is already developing UEngine 4 (yeah, I know, UEngine 3 is still very new and need several fixes, but it seems that Epic did only 1 game right, this one)

So, I would say, with what Kings wrote, we have 50/50 chances to get either a yes or no.

But we will try, because if all people were like YOU, you woudn't have even a computer in your front and internet access to talk sh*t like that.

Period.

(I think you didn't even read Kings petition version :what: )
dynaphase
Average
Personal rank: since99

Post by dynaphase »

OK i just try to put a bit dose of reality n' shit in all this... :help: Because damn game have a NAME Unreal Tournament

I can develop html, css 3.0, php 5.0, phorum, host, whatever to support all this OpenSource (my ass :evil: ) project just tell me what u guys need and I will try to support that.

Next thing is I don't wish that open source.

I wish to EPIC do the job... I will pay it (when i see a demo or something) for that product. But must be a perfect (we know in the start that is impossible, simply because there is a lot of mod's and wishes, and a hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and I repeat HOURS of WORK).

We can provide to EPIC a LIST of things... a really large list... then eliminate or correct them etc.. then ask a holly hole to give us what we wish.

If they don't wish to do that, we can with our fully rights (as owner of a original's CD, T-Shirts, Tatto's, PC Cases, LAN Clubs n other shit UT99 decorated on any possible way) so we have full rights to get that open source!

br
Dyna

@Protos - dude I agree with you about my posts :p
But... Really u can't act like that... Because that is not a right way... All those ppl have a much more experience than a rest of the planet, about those subjects... So please respect them all... And I don't even know you, but if you continue with this attitude, I will ask them 4 ban on your IP scope, provider, or whatever. And at that point, what they do about my request is in their hands... Peace.
UT forever
Protos
Novice

Post by Protos »

LOL at you noobs.

I have never seen so many self centered delusional preteens in one place. The source is already out there long ago morons.

Getting Epic to give it to you?

As for banning? roflmao

I have over 10 sites and I have never seen as many delusional mods in one site as here. Get a grip little ones.

This is such a great place that you force people to post.

:sleep:
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Protos... Can you tell me what experiences you got with UT or maybe in just normal life? Cause i think you have life just to short to understand...

Anyways, read first the whole thread instead of talking shit and act like a stupid kid. dont know how you read topics... cause some topics have some usefull information... instead of just reading the last post
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, I don't usually get mad with this stuff, but I think it's time to make some ownage and call the voice of the reason with Protos words:
Protos wrote:LOL at you noobs.

I have never seen so many self centered delusional preteens in one place. The source is already out there long ago morons.

Getting Epic to give it to you?
WRONG. You're the noob, the only source code you have is 432, an old version, what we want is latest and more stable one, the 436 version with the Ued2.0, which btw isn't Open Source, or you woudn't have to buy UT today. :wink:

Community 1 - Protos 0
Protos wrote: As for banning? roflmao

I have over 10 sites and I have never seen as many delusional mods in one site as here. Get a grip little ones.

This is such a great place that you force people to post.

:sleep:
We forced people to post because there were to many downloaders there, and we want to know hom many of the registered users are here to at least read the posts or ask help or be part of the community. As the many here only wants to download stuff and nothing more. Go to level4you.com (which btw is an execellent UT resource center), but or you pay, or you get a max download speed of 75kbps and you have to wait for your turn (queue).

Community 2 - Protos 0

Let me remember how you are such a noob, in one of the first posts relating to the above:
Protos wrote: that reply was ridiculous.

Its the internet. It was made to be FREE.
Of course. Let's analyse this, I am maybe without a shade of a doubt, the guy who knows net hardware better than anyone here in this forum.
To have internet you to have the next:
- Servers
- Clients (workstations or normal computers)
- Power supplies (UPS or the normal energy net)
- Modems
- Central stations (which I repair and know)
- Remote stations to work with central stations at 2km to above 4/6 km in twisted-pair with signal replicators, and above 100km in optical fibre (which I repair and know)
- The cables theirselves (unless that's wireless, but in that case you have only the above)
- Software

Well, the software can be free, I agree, but everything else someone has to pay, and some of this technology costs more than 2000€, and have 2 years of warranty.
You're so noob, that I bet that you don't even know what an ELFO is, what SHDSL is, what the little integrated circuit MTH2430 Dual does in a HDSL7 remote box.
Things that I have to repair, and little electronic components that can cost over than your entire high-end desktop, and that I have carefully weld good to make those things work, to sustain entire companies, and sustain you and your big mouth. And what I mean repair, is repairing dozens of different technology.

So, don't say "Internet was made to be free" if you don't know how the whole thing processes, specially with a guy on the forum like me with knows tons of data trading (internet) hardware issues, maintenance costs and the whole base of something like this.

So, for me, php and css and all that sh*t is just very easy to learn and understand, as they are only code, that have only a few variables to consider. Try to consider to nature of the hardware, temperature, static electricity issues, isolation, capacity between pairs, the millions of internal PCB connections, wheather issues (such lightnings that can create high current values in the close copper, and burn several components to death), correct interpretation of electric signals, etc.

So any of don't talk about things you don't know, specially you don't even know what a QAM modulation is, how you can made it, what's even a sine wave, what's is an harmonic.

Just don't f*ck with me in these things, because I'm in this industry for already 4 years, I know what the f*cking I am talking about, in hardware, net stuff, and specially the company issues and their possible no and yes.

Final period. :mad2:

(Sorry, but for the ones who know me well, they know I don't make these statements often, this may be the first time I really lose my temper)

EDIT: Back to topic, Open Source can easilly be hacked, I agree, so if they release it, we have just to make anti-hack stuff, they can make the Open Source, but we can make an anti-hack Close Source, like UTDC.
And btw, 432 is compatible to all servers, and it's Open Source, but why they can't hack? The versions they work on are Close Source, if this comes Open Source, we can make our own version Closed Source, our own patch, with our own code, and we could solve that hacking thing.

EDIT2: If Epic make these improvements and fixes theirselves, I bet that we would have more things to fix after.
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:
EDIT2: If Epic make these improvements and fixes theirselves, I bet that we would have more things to fix after.
Precisely why I would rather see UT 436 open sourced, than rereleased. Also Dyna, consider this - where is the profit for Epic if they re-released UT with a bunch of fixes, gametypes & maps etc. All theyre going to add is stuff the community already made except coded by the epic guysinstead.

@ Protos : "Gosh! You idiot!" :lol2:
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
Protos
Novice

Post by Protos »

Rofl @ you preteen noobs :D

So whats happening with this great project ut decade?

Oh and to the moron who is posting about source. 436 source has been out forever, just look around noob.

Thanks for the laughs, I must say very entertaining.

Warned by Shade: No bad language! read the Houserules:
1. Be kind to each other, because this is a support and community forum and no flame-forum. Insulting statements are unwanted in any case. Asssure that discussions are always led objective and do not end in a personal battle. Resolve issues outside the board or consult a moderator.
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

A big mounth dont solve anything Protos, keep that in mind :wink: believe me, if you are the same in the real world you can get big problems in work or social life

Back to topic!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Protos wrote:Rofl @ you preteen noobs :D

So whats happening with this great project ut decade?

Oh and to the moron who is posting about source. 436 source has been out forever, just look around noob.

Thanks for the laughs, I must say very entertaining.
:loool: :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool:

Do you mean this source?
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:UnrealScript_Source

AHAHAHAAH, man, you're such a noob, that's UNREAL SCRIPT SIDE SOURCE, with UNREAL CLASSES, that you could get whenever you wanted it by Ued :lol2: :lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

El Muerte just extracted them all and uploaded it, so the coders don't get hours to extract them by theirselves.

Do you know what the hell is Unreal Script by instance? Do you know about which code we're talking too? Do you even know what coding layers are? Basically, you got owned by everyone, even by me.

To let you know, NOOB, is that the code level you're talking about is layer 1, which by instance, is the native C++ side. I know, that code in the dlls? I guess you don't know about anything LOL :lol2: :lol2:

Btw, let me show how it's layered the code of UT GOTY:
Level 0: Assembler (this one exists always in every machine of course, because this is pure machine programming language, which syntax is like: MOV A,B / ADD C,Y / JP 0x125, this kinda language that I know as well)
Level 1: C++
Level 2: Unreal Script

Unreal Script was always open source, ALWAYS, since Unreal Engine exists.

The code that is closed, and only open until 432 to public is the C++ code, the native side.
v436 native C++ was NEVER released to public for your miserable info.

FINAL SCORE: Community - 5 / Protos - 0 (giving you a zero is already good)

Protos, tell us your age, and more about your knowledge about these things... :wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, stopping flamming around, how are we going to set this up perfectly? Any further ideas?
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

... Protos got warned for bad language / for ignoring the house rules.

Ok now please back to the topic, without that stupid discussions... Protos. ;)
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
Protos
Novice

Post by Protos »

Rofl @ you idiots who think that Epic is going to 'Project UT Decade'

ahahahahahhahahahhah

P.S

Shade, Feldidragon, Genomocai and all other failed abortions ....do world a favor and slit your wrists. :lol2:
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Protos wrote:Rofl @ you idiots who think that Epic is going to 'Project UT Decade'

ahahahahahhahahahhah

P.S

Shade, Feldidragon, Genomocai and all other failed abortions ....do world a favor and slit your wrists. :lol2:
Protos will you please cool it before somebody high up gets really, really pissed? Epic already released the old source code so it might be possible for us to get them to release the 436 one. This is an idea thread not a flame one. Also you REALLY don't want to screw with the {Wings} clan or UT99.org staff as they are quite powerful in the UT community.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Back on topic:

Before we start coming up with all kinds of crazy ideas we need to try to convince Epic to release the 436 source code. Here's what we could do (a little crazy, but it might work). We need to put together something to post on their forums and have the best recognized player on here post it. After that start a petition. For the writing part we can each write something and post it on here for the rest of us to look at and then decide what to post on Epic's forums based on what we have here. We can either take the best writing or take bits and pieces of everybody else's posts and put them together to make it sound better. Crazy thought, but it's worth a try. If we can't get that source code however then it's plan B. We take the 432 source code and work with it until we get it to a higher grade than 436 and 451b + update.