Page 1 of 2

officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-silly)

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:48 pm
by EvilGrins
Rule #1: Do not make double posts on this forum.
Definition: It's a double post if you add a comment/reply to the thread directly after your last one, in less than 24 hours.
Advice: You can either wait patiently until someone else comments or you can edit your previous post.

WARNING: If you consistently make double posts more than a few times, admins will track down where you live and leave a bag of burning poop on your doorstep.
Image
Image

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37 pm
by Hellkeeper
Rule #B
Some avoid using too much correct english. Most people here have problem processing it.

Advice: In case your sentences turn out alright, try these proven tricks to make your post more palatable to the UT99.org international membership.

- Reverse the order of two or more of these elements: verbs, nouns, complements. This will result in a correctly chaotic syntax. If your native language uses a word order different from English, try to use it. Try to push verbs at the end of your sentence if you can (as in German) to be properly hard to understand.
- Disregard ponctuation. This simple trick can give your post a number of different meanings without any possibility to distinguish the right from the wrong ones.
- Omit words, usually articles. You can skip a verb for maximum effect. This mimics some actual languages and English becomes a mess without them.
- Be agressive and sarcastic. Nobody will be sure what you really think of the issue.

Avoid combining too much of these tips; an accumulation of Proven Obfuscating Randomizers (tm) will make your post entirely unreadable. Your goal is to make reading your post a chore, not have people disregard it entirely.

Good luck everyone.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:17 am
by FXANBSS
I can't double post, but i can multi post? :???:

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:21 am
by papercoffee
FXANBSS wrote:I can't double post, but i can multi post? :???:
No, you can only single post... and wait 24 hours.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:50 am
by Aldebaran
EvilGrins wrote:if you add a comment/reply to the thread directly after your last one
So, a reply is allowed within 24hours, when some other replied on my last post? Or should I generally not post two replies in same thread within 24hours? When I understand you right, first sentence is the right one.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:05 pm
by papercoffee
Aldebaran wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:if you add a comment/reply to the thread directly after your last one
So, a reply is allowed within 24hours, when some other replied on my last post? Or should I generally not post two replies in same thread within 24hours? When I understand you right, first sentence is the right one.
Read this:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11305

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:13 pm
by EvilGrins
Rule #3: Do not play, tease, make fun of, manipulate, or in any way otherwise fuck with papercoffee's mind... for he is rabid and will poke you in the eye.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:35 am
by EvilGrins
Rule ALPHA/OMEGA: You must not ever, under any circumstances, upon penalty of death (it's really REALLY really a bad idea) reply to threads that haven't been active for a VERY LONG TIME!!!!

A pox on your house if you do!
Only exception is if you're the one that started the thread... OTHERWISE YOU SHALL DIE!!!!

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:26 pm
by EvilGrins
Rule #666: If you're an admin of this forum you must absolutely not ever abuse your power... unless you feel like it.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:54 pm
by EvilGrins
Rule #55: The admins of this forum have no real power over your lives... except, of course, your life on this forum.

Don't make fun of them until after you log off.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:23 am
by EvilGrins
Rule #72: Do not try to get special privileges by sending naked pics to one of the forum's admins. Not only is this truly deplorable... there's a reason you spend most of your time at home playing computer games.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:39 pm
by EvilGrins
Rule #33: If you have to ask the question, the answer is usually a definitive maybe.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:44 pm
by papercoffee
Hellkeeper wrote:Rule #B
Some avoid using too much correct english. Most people here have problem processing it.

Advice: In case your sentences turn out alright, try these proven tricks to make your post more palatable to the UT99.org international membership.

- Reverse the order of two or more of these elements: verbs, nouns, complements. This will result in a correctly chaotic syntax. If your native language uses a word order different from English, try to use it. Try to push verbs at the end of your sentence if you can (as in German) to be properly hard to understand.
- Disregard ponctuation. This simple trick can give your post a number of different meanings without any possibility to distinguish the right from the wrong ones.
- Omit words, usually articles. You can skip a verb for maximum effect. This mimics some actual languages and English becomes a mess without them.
- Be agressive and sarcastic. Nobody will be sure what you really think of the issue.

Avoid combining too much of these tips; an accumulation of Proven Obfuscating Randomizers (tm) will make your post entirely unreadable. Your goal is to make reading your post a chore, not have people disregard it entirely.

Good luck everyone.
Rule #B.2
write your posts in Denglisch ...this is common habit in Germany.

Or ju kän jus paper's-inglisch (tm). Dschast wreit se inglisch wörds leik ju hier it in dschermän pronanziäschen.

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-sil

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:07 am
by PrinceOfFunky
Rule #BackToTop
Do not click on "Back to Top" button, nothing happens(especially on topic pages with lot of posts).

Re: officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum (semi-silly)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 am
by EvilGrins
Rule #Eek: Nobody is allowed to be on this forum when naked.

Think of the younger members, nobody wants to see... THAT.