Some issuse i need help with- might be long to explain:)

Discussions about UT99
nircc
Average

Some issuse i need help with- might be long to explain:)

Post by nircc »

hey
im writing this here because i think the scripters might be the most helpful regarding my prboelm but if this is the wrong forum feel free the move the thread

im not a hardcore UT99 player but i used to play some casual long ago .
my main FPS game is TacticalOps which if you dont know is a mod biasd on UT99 - which means that all the ini/int settings all work the same as ut99 .
im playing this old game for like 15 years or so ...

long ago like 7-8 years , i was an avarege player . and i heard some thing about "tweaking" and "inis" and started to make some research about it .
talked with few of the "best" players in my country to find out that "some settings" might help you get better AIM / Preformence in the game .

so after doing some massive google i found out some website with bunch of UT99.inis and i started to try importing them into TacticalOps by changing some commands in the TacticalOps.ini(same as ut.ini)
and lucky me i found an ini that made my game "magical" (u must know that we have an anti cheat program so theres no way the ini had cheats or something of that kind)
anyway the mouse in game felt amazing . and the sensetivety was so perfect that i've become quickly one of the top players in this game . had a good time but as well know . life can be a bitch sometimes and i started to work and such and forgot about gaming . since then i changed like 3-4 PC's . my whole gaming set changed

anyway i came back to the game few days ago and I KNOW the game work like crap for me no matter which ini i use .
and i remember from my old tweaking days that there are ways to slightly improve aim/preformence for better gameplay overall.
but the game just feels crap

i remember some commands that pop into my head like Hardness/dodgetime? maybe something that i heard about scripting as well.
im sure there been a talk back then about the shots go a bit OFFSET and there are some fixes to make them more precise to where u shot or something like that

im using Direct Input - ON
and my fps is capped at 143hz because gsync
im palying at 1920 -1080 monitor
im using ec2-a with 400 dpi and something like 1.50 sens ingame (i think my old sens been 1.20 but i had diffrent dpi back then)
and markc fix for win10

it seems like newer pc's with win 10 just get the game feel wrong compared to old XP days.

so im asking you guys for help...
any tips how to make the game work better and info about those scripts/commands will be helpful..

thanks
nircc
Average

Re: Some issuse i need help with- might be long to explain:)

Post by nircc »

any 1 :O ?

i just remeberd another thing that happen
some players have the ability to "shoo" faster
its like they shoot more bullets per second compared to others

which make them hit better .

i think its something with the netspeed maybe? or BIG FPS?

any ideas?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

First of all ...avoid double posts.
Second ...what you describe is considered cheating. Just because your AntiCheat didn't detect it or react to it doesn't mean it is not cheating. Shooting faster/more bullets than others and having suddenly a magic aim ... To get a better skill by "magic" is cheating.

I highly doubt that you'll get any help here.
aZ.Boy
Novice

Post by aZ.Boy »

Hi,

As paper says shooting faster, more bullets then others would be cheating. from what you describe i think you might be referring to low ping players... that's the case when i feel there is someone faster than others but it could be my imagination for the ping gap.

If you are trying to get your UT smoother, your best chance is to find someone with good knowledge and enough patience to help you to configure it to perform good with your pc specs. but it will require a lot of patience and testing from both sides.
nircc
Average

Post by nircc »

hey
thank you both for the help
im not talking about cheating or anythine but i might not explaining my self well and might not use the right words (english is not my main language)

anyway i would love to get some help on how can i config UT/TO to my specefic PC.

i do know for sure that my older pc ran TO much better compared to my new one
is it Hardware related? maybe its win 10 ?
maybe its ini's

no idea : )

any help will be nice
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Please do not make more than 1 thread about the same issue either.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11390
Other thread.^

Now, have you checked out the tweak thread?

& Another thread might be helpful if you are already registered or gotta sign up to see it.
http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread ... ut-with-UT
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
nircc
Average

Post by nircc »

hey! i will check those things roght now
thanks alot!
nircc
Average

Post by nircc »

Chamberly wrote:Please do not make more than 1 thread about the same issue either.

Other thread.^

Now, have you checked out the tweak thread?

& Another thread might be helpful if you are already registered or gotta sign up to see it.
http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread ... ut-with-UT
dude!
Rinput fixed my aim !!!!
thank you very much

is there a way to make this software run anytime i run my game?
or i have to activated it each time i play
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Why you don't make a BAT file ?
nircc
Average

Post by nircc »

sektor2111 wrote:Why you don't make a BAT file ?
because i've now idea how to ...
i managed to get it work with TO which basicly is just write TacticalOps.exe instead of UnrealTournament.exe

but re runing it every god damm time might be annoying :d
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

RunUt.zip
(158 Bytes) Downloaded 82 times
Drop this on desktop, or make a shortcut on desktop and launch it Before to launch UT.
Also you can bind a shortcut combination of keys for it (example CTRL+ALT+U) in shortcut icon properties (also for starting it minimized) and then hit UT icon.
Then it takes 2-3 seconds to run UT. In hoping that Win10 has still command prompt... I did not test that yet.

This is PC operating after all.

EDIT:
Alternate solution for 1 Hit Via Click or Shortcut Keys available for this BAT - copy lines and save as "someUT.Bat" in system folder of UT then make a shortcut on Desktop for it

Code: Select all

@echo off
start /MIN RInput UnrealTournament.exe
start /WAIT UnrealTournament.exe
exit
I guess you don't need crash-log files, else we can setup some "police investigation" to see who is guilty for your game crash...
nircc
Average

Post by nircc »

sektor2111 wrote:
RunUt.zip
Drop this on desktop, or make a shortcut on desktop and launch it Before to launch UT.
Also you can bind a shortcut combination of keys for it (example CTRL+ALT+U) in shortcut icon properties (also for starting it minimized) and then hit UT icon.
Then it takes 2-3 seconds to run UT. In hoping that Win10 has still command prompt... I did not test that yet.

EDIT:
Alternate solution for 1 Hit Via Click or Shortcut Keys available for this BAT - copy lines and save as "someUT.Bat" in system folder of UT then make a shortcut on Desktop for it

@echo off
exit
I guess you don't need crash-log files, else we can setup some "police investigation" to see who is guilty for your game crash...
gonna try it now

*** POSTS MERGED *** by Dr.Flay
sektor2111 wrote:
RunUt.zip

EDIT:

@echo off
exit
ok
the bat file works perfect and i want to thank you for making it but im sure now that i aim better with direct input compared to rinput so sadly its not that helpful any more

any if u can check my other thread here - u might have a suggestion
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Take it slow, man, you don't have to post twice...

Then try to replace "UnrealTournament.exe" from quote which I have posted above with executable used by TacticalOps. Save As another "SomeTO.BAT" and create a shortcut. Bind key or click on that shortcut. See if works. Actually I could see in my XP install randomly and rarely indeed Mouse being blabbering through screen or getting stuck forcing me to some stunts, with this RInput tool it's just do seems perfect... :rock: .
I have replaced my old shortcut with the newer BAT start. Whooaa, I'll keep this way...
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

nircc, please refer to the site rules (link in my sig)
We allow users the luxury of being able to edit their posts so you can continue where you left off, or update an original post.
There are exceptions to the double-posting rule, such as a dev thead or guide that needs the info to be split with different titles.