Discussions about UT99
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Windows 10 Mouse feels crap in UT99

Post by papercoffee »

nircc wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
nircc wrote:by we i meant me and others that play TO we know that he got something that others dont...
probably an ini tweak because he shoots too fast compared to others...
sometimea he walk with sniper and shoot
Make a demo by spectating him and present it to the admin of the server to ban him.
Cheater doesn't deserve to play online :wth:
the thing is
he is not using any cheats...
its more like ini tweak or something like that...
Dude... are you even listening?
An ini tweak which allows you too shoot faster then others (more bullets in shorter time) and reduce recoil while running IS CHEATING! On Counterstrike servers would this guy get banned shortly after this stunt.
End of discussion.

If you want to get help to achieve the same "magic power" as him, is this the wrong forum. You won't get any help for that.
And if you insist that's not cheating but merely an innocent tweak, must I insist that this thread get closed.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

The good thing about newnet servers is that it detects if a player is shooting faster than normal, it then changes your ace settings to limit you max fps, reconnects you to the server and logs the event so the admin can see if something fishy is going on if it happens over and over.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Once in a server I was able to shoot faster and move faster... Dumb admin was setting up game speed two-three times over normal speed so... I left shortly because my ass was did not burn to get that speed anyway...
nircc
Average

Post by nircc »

hey -
i dont want to a new thread about my new problem so i post it here
i reinstalled TO
and i have a new problme

for some reason - the game dont let me use new inis.

i put the new files but when the game load its loading with the default inis and not the new ones o.OoO

Any ideas why?

EDIT-
I want to update my case
if i press right click > run as administrator the game loads super fast and in full screen and with the new INI <
If i load it normally by pressing the icon it loads with the default ini and in full screen (probably not as administrator for some reason)

if i press right click and mark "run as administrator" the game does load the new INI but slow and not in full screen <

no idea whats wrong...
thanks
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Carbon wrote:Was. XP was outstanding for a long time, but I can't say I miss it.

I have an old Win98 SE machine in my office, just for the "purist" Unreal/UT experience: P3 "Coppermine" 800MHz, GeForce 3 64MB, 512MB RDRAM on an Asus P4T-533 (32 bit, not the "-C" which was 16 bit) with a 17-inch CRT. Fun to use from a particular point of view, but those old OSs are tough to go back to.
:tu: https://sourceforge.net/projects/kernelex/
http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/91-wind ... -projects/

Sorry for the delay nirrc, I have been staying away from using PCs so my hand will heal.

I just checked on a Win8 laptop, and it seems that the test button is also missing there. Not sure why they dropped it since 8.
Pain, as it is handy.

You have found that running as admin returns things to normal because it now has full access.
I can't remember if you said you had excluded the UT exe from D.E.P. (Data Execution Prevention), but this is part of the problem with the way old software works.
Edit the properties of the UT and TO shortcuts so that they always run as admin.

Modern OSs are more secure and often play havoc with old software.
Newer OSs prefer that your prefs are stored in the user hive, not the program folder.
Many AV will also stop manual editing of files stored within the system folders (why it is advisable to install UT, outside of "C:/Program Files (x86)" )

DX9 and the matching OpenGL should provide the fastest renderers, but it may be worth using the DX10 if you continue to have problems.
http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/