UT GOTY download for OS X

Discussions about UT99
mechanic79
Novice

UT GOTY download for OS X

Post by mechanic79 »

UT GOTY download for OS X 10.8.5
I found a link for Gold but it's not near as fun as GOTY.
Any other links out there? Yes I've tried google!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: UT GOTY download for OS X

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Do you mean someone where you can download it for free?

This is illegal.

Other than that, I'll try using Google-Fu X1000 to find a nice GOTY MAC OS X buying location :)
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
mechanic79
Novice

Post by mechanic79 »

what ever is legal. looking for a link.
maybe their is no availability of this product for ox x 10.8.5 ?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Having previously run UT GOTY on a PC, I got my version for Mac OS X (iMac - 10.6.8 ) a couple of years ago from http://unrealosx.webs.com/downloads.htm - at the time it was v451wx2 in a WineSkin 2.6.0 wrapper - but I see there is an updated version (v451wx3 in a WineSkin 2.6.1 wrapper) now available from there. I assume (but don't know) that it will run on your OS X.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

mechanic79 wrote:what ever is legal.
Legal is something you can do. Anything not legal is called illegal, and if a cop see you doing that, you're over! Ever played GTA?

Or, if you meant, "whatever be legal", then you are good :)
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
mechanic79
Novice

Post by mechanic79 »

OjitroC wrote:Having previously run UT GOTY on a PC, I got my version for Mac OS X (iMac - 10.6.8 ) a couple of years ago from http://unrealosx.webs.com/downloads.htm - at the time it was v451wx2 in a WineSkin 2.6.0 wrapper - but I see there is an updated version (v451wx3 in a WineSkin 2.6.1 wrapper) now available from there. I assume (but don't know) that it will run on your OS X.
that link doesn't work. :-(
Unreal Tournament OS X (Intel) - (v451wx3) 634.2MB .zip Archive
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

mechanic79 wrote: that link doesn't work. :-(
Unreal Tournament OS X (Intel) - (v451wx3) 634.2MB .zip Archive
If you go to that page and hover the cursor over the link, you'll see there are actually two links, one in the first half of the link and other in the second half - the second one takes you to https://www.4shared.com/zip/aDJuRnX9ce/ ... __Int.html where you can download it by logging in to Facebook, Twitter etc or you can register on the 4shared site to download. I haven't actually tried downloading it from there.

As far as I know, there are no other alternatives, apart from running the Windows version of UT GOTY using Bootcamp or within a Wineskin Wrapper.