Monster/Bot interaction

Discussions about UT99
Swank
Average

Monster/Bot interaction

Post by Swank »

How come whenever I add monsters to a game they only attack me and not bots? Is there a way to make the monsters aggressive to everything?
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Monster/Bot interaction

Post by sektor2111 »

Swank wrote:How come whenever I add monsters to a game they only attack me and not bots? Is there a way to make the monsters aggressive to everything?
How come that you don't read forum - generally. This problem is old and HIGOR in XC_Engine was patching "SetEnemy" else monster doesn't even react at Bot. Games using monsters have A.I. codes added doing a sort of "push to combat" way trying to get over defaults. Then, you can use other monsters rewritten...
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

sektor2111 wrote:How come that you don't read forum - generally
Seriously Nels, you demand that much? Your expectations are so high!
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

sektor2111 wrote:How come that you don't read forum - generally. This problem is old and HIGOR in XC_Engine was patching "SetEnemy" else monster doesn't even react at Bot. Games using monsters have A.I. codes added doing a sort of "push to combat" way trying to get over defaults. Then, you can use other monsters rewritten...
I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum. I don't really know where to look, that's why I was hoping someone could help me. I don't quite understand what you mean though.. Is there something I should change in the system files?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Swank wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:How come that you don't read forum - generally. This problem is old and HIGOR in XC_Engine was patching "SetEnemy" else monster doesn't even react at Bot. Games using monsters have A.I. codes added doing a sort of "push to combat" way trying to get over defaults. Then, you can use other monsters rewritten...
I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum. I don't really know where to look, that's why I was hoping someone could help me. I don't quite understand what you mean though.. Is there something I should change in the system files?
YOU can't change something in the system to fix this problem.
It's an old problem and many people have tried to change this. Sektor mentioned Higor's XC_Engine which can fix the behaviour of the monsters. Look for it here on our forum.

And why is something UT related in the off-topic section?
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

papercoffee wrote:
Swank wrote:
YOU can't change something in the system to fix this problem.
It's an old problem and many people have tried to change this. Sektor mentioned Higor's XC_Engine which can fix the behaviour of the monsters. Look for it here on our forum.

And why is something UT related in the off-topic section?
Okay, thanks.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

OK. I can't hold my breath any longer waiting for MrLoathsome :oops:
He has made several monster mods, including "Berserk Monsters Mutator", which encourages the monsters to attack bots and each other more often.
http://www.ecoop.tk/load/berserk_monste ... r/1-1-0-40
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

Dr.Flay wrote:OK. I can't hold my breath any longer waiting for MrLoathsome :oops:
He has made several monster mods, including "Berserk Monsters Mutator", which encourages the monsters to attack bots and each other more often.
Don't worry about it I already found that mutator. But thanks for your concern! <3
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Swank wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote:OK. I can't hold my breath any longer waiting for MrLoathsome :oops:
Don't worry about it I already found that mutator. But thanks for your concern! <3
You should also play around with BadNews4. It makes the monsters much more likely to attach each other, which can make things
interesting at times. You can disable the extra spawns and spree stuff, but the monster AI tweaks remain active.

All those mods should be able to run at the same time, if you want to get real crazy.

If you use my MegaDomination/MegaTDM gamegypes, http://www.ecoop.tk/load/megadomination ... m/1-1-0-54,
there will be a lot more bot/monster interaction, but they still do not actively go after the bots the way I would like.

They battle more as I have them running around doing other things and/or fighting each other, which makes them more likely to be
in a bots way, at which point they will engage.

Have a number of other things I want to finish up first, but getting back to those gametypes is still down on the list. (LMS would be easy....)
blarg
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

MrLoathsome wrote:
Swank wrote:
You should also play around with BadNews4. It makes the monsters much more likely to attach each other, which can make things
interesting at times. You can disable the extra spawns and spree stuff, but the monster AI tweaks remain active.

All those mods should be able to run at the same time, if you want to get real crazy.

If you use my MegaDomination/MegaTDM gamegypes, http://www.ecoop.tk/load/megadomination ... m/1-1-0-54,
there will be a lot more bot/monster interaction, but they still do not actively go after the bots the way I would like.

They battle more as I have them running around doing other things and/or fighting each other, which makes them more likely to be
in a bots way, at which point they will engage.

Have a number of other things I want to finish up first, but getting back to those gametypes is still down on the list. (LMS would be easy....)
They all sound very interesting, I'll be sure to grab them, cheers!