ut99.org's Latest News

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

ut99.org's Latest News

Post by EvilGrins »

When you 1st login to this forum, the portal view comes up with your basic stats (right & left) and in the middle is this box that reads Latest News. That's where the most recent posts to the forum are displayed...

...but have you ever really looked at it?

In the lower right corner of this thing is a listing for how many pages there are for this view, numbered (currently) 1 - 551. Sometimes when I'm bored, I hit that far right number there to see the very 1st posts this forum has. I've skimmed the length of them from beginning to present... and I always find something interesting back there, like downloads submitted in the first few years this forum was up that next to nobody of the current members had a clue about.

Keeping in mind this forum has rules against replying to the OLD OLD OLD posts (though you can open new threads asking about old stuff you can link to) I think it can be fun for anyone to read the oldest latest news and see what may be there that you might still wanna use.

Have a look · portal.php?np=5500#n

As you all know, Shade is the MAIN admin of this forum.
Wanna see his intro post? Have a look · viewtopic.php?f=32&t=476
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Re: ut99.org's Latest News

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote:portal view [...] but have you ever really looked at it?
Oh yes, I will use it if I read a topic but do not have the time to reply immediately. Some days later it's nearly impossible to rediscover that message I'd like to reply to, but that chronology view helps me with it. (Usually I use the New posts view.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Do you wanna see my first post on this forum? viewtopic.php?p=17566#p17566 :lol2:

I use the "Latest News" often to look at the newest discussion but mostly I switch to "Unread Posts" because the list is bigger and hidden forums posts are not visible on the portal page. ;)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:Do you wanna see my first post on this forum? viewtopic.php?p=17566#p17566 :lol2:
Goofball.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758