ut files on rushbase

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: ut files on rushbase

Post by EvilGrins »

darksonny wrote:I wil stay playing until death
Then, it is agreed. You and I shall battle in the nursing home, in the retirement community, until the end of our days.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Blade hunter
Average
Personal rank: Mod Dude

Post by Blade hunter »

Too bad I put some cool stuff in there, SP and MP mods that weren't available because some sites shutted down :(
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

I think I have the site backed up. If you wanted something specific, let me now and I can check.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Carbon wrote:I think I have the site backed up. If you wanted something specific, let me now and I can check.
website is still offline ,if i klik onit it wont load please guys fix this.
some 1 please
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

rjmno1 wrote: website is still offline ,if i klik onit it wont load please guys fix this.
some 1 please
Please what? Who? How? :noidea

I read on the new UT forums that it is done for good. Zunnie is how hosting the redirect for the new UT as well as a map archive. Nothing for any of the other games though.

My rip is over a year old, so if there was anything new loaded up, I won't have it.
Blade hunter
Average

Post by Blade hunter »

I don't understand is there a backup or nothing?
I thought it could be safe because of the fact it had Beyond Unreal archives which are quite essential to me ...
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

I have a backup, but I don't have a public space for hosting right now. I am uploading everything to Dropbox, so when that is done, I will make that link available.

So long as an individual is paying for hosting without community support, nothing is completely safe. UT99 or Old Unreal are examples; if we value these sites, then we need to make efforts to relieve the financial burden placed on the owners (Shade and Smirftsch).

From what I understand, Raxxy's decision to take the site down was motivated not by money, but kind of politics. Nonetheless, I don't doubt that the site cost him a fair bit over the years.

While people here complain about losing these valuable sites, they don't do anything to try to keep them alive.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Thanks to carbon the database is saved. :tu:
There where alot of files on that server, never seen so much unreal files at one place.
wel if raxy take a good time to make some moderators and himslef being the admin of the site they can upload again.
But if raxi quits for personal or financial problem we can not do to push him against his wil.
Its his own dicision, and it is just like carbon post that space of server was huge that will cost alot of $$, maby you can solve that with a donate buton
paypall or another online pay option. :agree1: just like Wikipedia and more servers over the internet.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

All this goes to show why I think multi-network magnet or hyper links are a better solution for downloads that last forever.
The longer we avoid using them, the more files we lose.
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

Dr.Flay wrote:All this goes to show why I think multi-network magnet or hyper links are a better solution for downloads that last forever.
The longer we avoid using them, the more files we lose.
I'm with you mate, but as you well know, I had a heck of a time trying to actually network using Shareaza. No problem getting my end set up, but I couldn't connect with anyone else. I guess we - I - need a total moron's guide to getting this thing set up in order to unite and make a distributed repository.
Blade hunter
Average

Post by Blade hunter »

I'm hoping to see some news regarding the potential of having that online.
Really it's important because there isn't many places to get at least the files from Beyond unreal

I mean gamefront went down and even before them going down you couldn't access it if you were in certain countries, and they also lost many files before shitting themselves.
Considering the fact it was one of the latest place with the now defunct atomic gamer ....
lolo121
Novice

Post by lolo121 »

Its still need to be reuploaded? I have full mirror of this website on my HDD from 8 October 2014 (164GB of files [133GB in beyondunreal directory).
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

Well, since this is necro-bumped...

I can put the files together in my Dropbox but it wouldn't be a searchable directory; one would have to download the whole thing in 20GB chunks.

Anyhow, if there is interest, I'll get it done within a week or so. PM me if you're interested.
Cronoloop
Skilled

Post by Cronoloop »

im honestly more surprised that people actually didn't realize ut4 was just a joke
edit damn that was a nice necro lol
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"