CowSkin Feigning Death Question

Discussions about UT99
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

CowSkin Feigning Death Question

Post by HOT_BEEF_INJECTION »

I have a question about cow skins Feigning death. On Hof's server(s) the cow skins work correctly and the cows lay down as if they are player carcasses.

The cows below are not dead! They are just tired after a long game of hunting monsters!

On servers like UM or DU, cows feigning death DO NOT lay down. WTF?

The gun just disappears and they stand there blank looking like below:

How to make cow skins Feign death properly? Schlong from HoF said he didnt do anything special. Yet nobody seems to know why or how to get cows behaving properly like on HoF and no other servers.... :?

Any ideas anyone?
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: CowSkin Feigning Death Question

Post by MrLoathsome »

This is an excellent question, and has bothered me for quite a while. Just haven't found time to look into it closer.

I am using the Cowfix/Nalifix packages on my servers, and feign death does not work.

Perhaps the Hof servers are using the default packages, and the Cowfix has broken the feign death animations.

This has been my suspicion for quite a while, but just haven't gotten around to investigating it further.
blarg
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I do use default packages such as utx, umx and uax but I doubt that has any affect on the feign death animations. I do however use VABeta + AdvancedModelSupport for custom/ player skins + voice + models. I also only have cowfix/nalifix on the MH2_NS_V8 dev server.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:I do use default packages such as utx, umx and uax but I doubt that has any affect on the feign death animations. I do however use VABeta + AdvancedModelSupport for custom/ player skins + voice + models. I also only have cowfix/nalifix on the MH2_NS_V8 dev server.
Mod uses other player type in there... getting sick of "cows" bullshitting animations so I have rented some stuff which was sent in exchange by a friend which I was helping in the past, that stuff has been implemented in these NS types, currently there are other measures added but that's another off-topic story...
Edit: And BTW is not only about Cow-Skin this is about another player class assigned to this skin having missing animations...
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

Post by HOT_BEEF_INJECTION »

Again on HoF. Schlong what are you doing different with your server setup? The same thing that makes cows feign death correctly, makes cows have human mesh shield belt :loool: :noidea