need to identify a monster

Discussions about UT99
Post Reply
User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 7187
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

need to identify a monster

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:58 am

What is this?
Image

I've got them on my system somewhere but I'm totally blanking on what they're called.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:45 am

EvilGrins wrote:What is this?
Another sort of stuff breaking maps with NONE Event.
I think I'll call it TrashArbager, I mean a combination between trash and garbage.

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Contact:

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by UnrealGGecko » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:29 am

sektor2111 wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:What is this?
Another sort of stuff breaking maps with NONE Event.
I think I'll call it TrashArbager, I mean a combination between trash and garbage.
How do you know that if you havent even tried it yet? :confused2: ... or did you?

User avatar
Terraniux
Masterful
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by Terraniux » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:36 am

Isnt that a monster from serious sam? Ported to UT?



They are called marsch hoppers. There is your indentification



======== Offtopic
For those who are not familiar with Serious Sam is some online gameplay
========



Best fun starts at 6:00

Rhaaaaarhhrhhhaaaaaaarhrhrhrhaaaaagh

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by OjitroC » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:13 pm

@EvilGrins - which map are they in?

User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:53 pm

UnrealGecko wrote:How do you know that if you havent even tried it yet? :confused2: ... or did you?
How do you did not read UT forums (old ones as Hermskii's one - pretty popular related to MH), where EG was tweaking a Brute][ version replacing some factory with this TrashArbager and then End's Door did not open. So to speak when you kill normally that monster Is getting vanished calling Destroy(), no event, no animation, NOTHING - yes I KNOW IT if we speak about the same one else it has the same look as that old one which was crapping that map making it endless. Else if I well recall when this monster does melee attack it is damaging and the same destroy gets called. Then Q... xxxx whatever does the same things as long as the dude coding them probably never heard about state "Waiting" or such...

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 7187
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Terraniux wrote:Isnt that a monster from serious sam? Ported to UT?
Yeah, but I couldn't remember what they were called.
UnrealGecko wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:What is this?
Another sort of stuff breaking maps with NONE Event.
I think I'll call it TrashArbager, I mean a combination between trash and garbage.
How do you know that if you havent even tried it yet? :confused2: ... or did you?
Did, a long time ago in a discussion on Hermskii's forum. I was trying to figure out how they were screwing up a map I edited at the time.
OjitroC wrote:@EvilGrins - which map are they in?
They're currently not. One of my numerous variants but they were screwing up the monster-counters so I deleted it.
sektor2111 wrote:
UnrealGecko wrote:How do you know that if you havent even tried it yet? :confused2: ... or did you?
How do you did not read UT forums (old ones as Hermskii's one - pretty popular related to MH), where EG was tweaking a Brute][ version
Not everyone is on all the same forums as everybody else. I only ever discussed this particular beastie on Herm's forum, and that was years ago.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Contact:

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by UnrealGGecko » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Ahh ok, sorry about that, did not know about the Herm discussion. Shame these beasties are broken then, as they look like thingys I really wanna slice with a ripper :(

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 7187
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:45 pm

UnrealGecko wrote:Ahh ok, sorry about that, did not know about the Herm discussion. Shame these beasties are broken then, as they look like thingys I really wanna slice with a ripper :(
1) Old thread on Herm's forum · http://hermskii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2916 · they're on page 7 of that.
2) If I still have them, I'll share them... but I can't remember which .u file has them in them and I've got like hundreds of those to sort through.

The issue had to do with their attack is basically a kamikaze suicide run thing. They run at players/bots and explode with toxic gas on contact. This caused an issue with the counters that kept track of monsters up the point all were gone, so as to open the exit... but they'd work fine enough as a challenge on any map that didn't specifically have an exit dependent on counters.

Stretch back I got my hands on a map (had Sektor bot-path it) that's from Serious Sam for MonsterHunt. I'd like these demented little frogs for that in one particular aspect of it.

That'd be this · http://www.unrealfuzz.com/forums/viewto ... f=34&t=721
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

Post Reply