death announcement ingame ut

Discussions about UT99
darksonny
Adept

death announcement ingame ut

Post by darksonny »

Hi all
I notice when I was playing dm-phobos in ut99 I shot a combo against a bot he falls into the deep void you should get noticed a killing in blue text in screen while playing. But I got any info that this bot got killed by me, no info about that "issue". Anyone can tell me why is this happening? It happens every time I got a frag in this manner (falling into void and the bot gets killed) in other several maps

I have version 436 :noidea
Barbie
Godlike

Re: death announcement ingame ut

Post by Barbie »

If a Pawn (Player/Bot/Monster) comes into a deadly zone (vacuum, lava, slime, ...) or just falls a long way, it is counted as a suicide regardless who kicks him/it there. Depending on that zone or area setup you may see a death message or not (see this topic for an example of zone setup).
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

You need to use the WhoPushedMe mutator to get the announcement/death message and the credit for the kill
Name=WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Who Pushed Me?,If you push somebody so he/she falls to his/her death, you get the score for it."
I run that mutator all the time.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Mapping hint: If you set for a kill-zone a CloudZone, it is reacting almost similar to WhoPushedMe. Pawn falling to death if has an enemy is in account as killed by enemy (player included).
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

mmm...then, not all maps it does happen this strange behaviour? rare, thanks for the link unrealgecko, at least this work for what I need