ping 80-100 is it possible for comfort game?

Discussions about UT99
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: ping 80-100 is it possible for comfort game?

Post by sektor2111 »

A comfortable game is affected by multiple factors not only Player setup.

Even if you might be tuning well your Net setting, you might have the rest of factors:
- How smoother is Internet from your ISP - to be honest in the past on a DSL line I had a better Internet than nowadays at super duper speed, without tweaking nothing - read well, nothing changed in old times, even servers which I was running were smoother as butter.
By example now I have tiny random (rare indeed) moments when connection is lost for a few seconds - what sorta server I might do then with such an ass Internet ? Nothing good as a sample...
- How is configured server where you do play. Some admins doesn't have any clue what they do, and trust me, in 2016 some of them doesn't even care about logs or how many crashes they have;
- How is Internet connection at game-server where you do play.

If you are in charge in your yard, you cannot count on others to be the same, the only criteria is to test server directly and leaving if it doesn't fit your needs.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Re: ping 80-100 is it possible for comfort game?

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Honestly I have always have had issues with just about every ping compensation mod for UT99. By memory zp101 and zp210 to my knowledge were decent. And if I recall actually made a custom version of zp from un-obfuscated Uscript which was ok but still had blabbering in logs.