Hello, any tips for Duel/1on1?

Discussions about UT99
Osti3100

Hello, any tips for Duel/1on1?

Post by Osti3100 »

I am new in this game and need a dodge tutorial or tutorial for duel :D my english is not the best i hope enough to understand xD
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Hello

Post by Chamberly »

It's easy to make a dodge.

Make sure the dodging option is on. Esc to menu, go to options, preferences, and then click on the game tab.
Make sure dodging is checked.

Alright, now once that is done, awhile you are in the game, just double tap on your movement key to make it dodge. Very fast tapping!

Welcome to the forum!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Osti3100 wrote:I am new in this game and need a dodge tutorial or tutorial for duel :D my english is not the best i hope enough to understand xD
Are you sure you are in the right game?
Duel is a game mode of the new UT4.
UT99 (because it's from 1999) player call this a 1on1. :wink:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

The Ultimate Duel Tutorial!
Step 1: Shoot the other person before he or she shoots you.

:what:

That's it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Step 2: If you start losing points, even if server runs smoother as oil, tell to your opponent that you have lags, you cannot play like that, and... runaway. This is called Dodging from defeat, btw. :) .
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:Step 2: If you start losing points, even if server runs smoother as oil, tell to your opponent that you have lags, you cannot play like that, and... runaway. This is called Dodging from defeat, btw. :) .
:loool: I love this post.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I love the title - is a perfect match for tutorials, which are ones of my goals to read, this time I think some people are getting something in blood from air. Excuse me, tutorial for duel and dodge ? :what: Have you tested/checked tutorial levels coming with UT ? No ? Too bad, they are pretty helpful, and generally "shooter game" concept is probably over-known.
And then... This (title/)problem has been already posted and... bumped a dead thread for the same "awesome" reason. Duel Tutorial :loool: .
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6015&p=93974#p93974
2 rules broken by default = NO Welcome = Posting posts = No Read rules = Where are admins ?

Edit:
I sat down to think a bit. Now is clear: I think some Aliens are roaming on Earth...
Here on this planet we have on Internet different dictionaries including one defining term <duel> (I guess). For this reason more people know what is a DUEL, and is pretty self-explanatory. Nobody in UT'99 until 2014 did not ask such stupid things - until some "intelligence" was popping in this sudden problem.

But because we are still helping let's see some "turtual":
DUEL in UT'99 means a combat between 2 dudes. This might happen in a server/game usually "1on1", some of them having probably "duel" word in server-name. Those 2 guys are hunting each-other using weapons from map or what server gives. If you don't have a real opponent you can see in some servers a Bot completing stage for these 2 combatants. Else some "Hamp" server if I well recall has even a custom Bot (Skaarj-Like) pretty skilled.
I hope this is not too complex in descriptions...
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Gonna move this thread to General Discussions (this section is for giving people tutorials, not asking for some :P ) and rename it from Hello to "Hello, any tips for Duel/1on1?" To make it clearer.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Hello, any tips for Duel/1on1?

Post by EvilGrins »

Step 3: Remember the Golden Rule from the Highlander series... "There can be only One!"
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Step 4: Avoid confusing with The One which was played by Jet Li saying; I will be The One; because At final he went 1_Vs_ALL, but it was still happy kicking them down.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

As a matter of luck I think I found a Duel tutorial. (Off-topic: Merry Christmas)
Is right here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11933#p94080 see video for details :agree1: .