SP-02-UTR-Unforchers Error

Discussions about UT99
AndryxaXP
Novice

SP-02-UTR-Unforchers Error

Post by AndryxaXP »

Skaarj after the battle, passing the corridor, at the approach to the elevator kicks game and it gets:
Attachments
UnrealTournament 2017-01-07 19-30-51-79.jpg
Снимок.PNG
Barbie
Godlike

Re: SP-02-UTR-Unforchers Error

Post by Barbie »

Can you provide a download link for that map? Having a look at the source could be helpful. ;o)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
AndryxaXP
Novice

Post by AndryxaXP »

Barbie wrote:Can you provide a download link for that map? Having a look at the source could be helpful. ;o)
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-to ... Map-Pack-2
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

ShadowFight2 is music embedded in map and used by Actor MusicEvent5. But UnrealED can neither play that music nor export it to a file (results in a file with 0 bytes). Maybe there was a problem when the mapper imported the music.
SP-02-UTR-Unforchers.ShadowFight2-UTPT.jpg
Possible solutions AFAIK:
1) Edit the map, fix this issue and save it with a new, unique name.
2) If such a mutator exist already, tell it to drop MusicEvent5 when loading map.

PS: I just played the map until that MusicEvent5 got activated, but my UT did not crash. Have you the chance to change/update your UT audio driver?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I can both play and export ShadowFight2 in UED v2.1 so the problem is not with the music file but probably, as Barbie suggests, with the audio driver - though possibly it has become corrupted in the save?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It's not the single Level with corrupted stuff - some of such things were crashing new audio drivers...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:I can both play and export ShadowFight2 in UED v2.1
I cannot believe that... Are we talking about the same file?

Code: Select all

Name: SP-02-UTR-Unforchers.unr
Size: 40221211 Bytes
SHA256: 05421A03491B4D5DB61639E6DB0153D0AB9E48731448433E718804931938FCDF
MD5: 4df11a30f2cedb6b849b4794727466f3
CRC32: 9E2068AF
I've noticed that there was also a patch for that mappack, but I did not install that.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote:I cannot believe that... Are we talking about the same file?
Yes, sure - ShadowFight2 - it plays OK in UEd v2.1 and the file is exported as ShadowFight2.s3m. [I was going to upload the file but the browser crashed twice when trying to do so, as it did when I tried to upload the file converted to .ogg - can't upload .mp3 to this site anyway - the exported .s3m plays OK]
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:
Barbie wrote:I cannot believe that... Are we talking about the same file?
Yes, sure
Have you verified one of the checksums? Equal file sizes are only a weak indicator for identicality.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

Actually, Im not quite sure what happened there. Since the file is in MyLevel, theres not much that you can change, apart from maybe installing the patch. The patch has all the music tracks in one seperate file, so this error might not occur anymore. The interesting thing is that the same music apparently could be played in the previous map. And Im sure OP has heard it at least twice before while playing it. So, Im not sure if its really connected to an audio driver issue.

Heres a link to the patch. Some parts have been made easier and functional, so its definitely advised to play that version! And if you dont wanna play everything again, if you access the slime trap, continue from there - there may be some surprises waiting for you ;)
http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/ ... _Patch.zip

I hope everything works! You could also wait for the revamp release, but that might still take a few years. :tongue:
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
AndryxaXP
Novice

Post by AndryxaXP »

Thanks all for the help! :) :)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@Barbie
I must have the patched version of the map as UTPT shows ShadowFight2 and uRock in the Import Table/Tree rather than the Export Table/Tree - they are in UnforchersPack.u (along with several other pieces of music unused in this map).
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

OjitroC wrote:@Barbie
I must have the patched version of the map as UTPT shows ShadowFight2 and uRock in the Import Table/Tree rather than the Export Table/Tree - they are in UnforchersPack.u (along with several other pieces of music unused in this map).
Indeed you have. In the first version, I imported everything to MyLevel. It resulted in a way too big file (especially in the case of map 1) which was a problem if you had to load save games a lot. Thats why in the patched version I packed everything in UnforchersPack.u to have one clean file. Interestingly, nobody has had AndryxaXPs issue before, so I didnt know of that import/MyLevel/save game overload issue until now!
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

That's why my first question to customers is: "Have you installed the latest updates?" :P

Solution for thread openers issue is then: Install UT99.org_CMP2_Patch.

FYI: Size of SP-02-UTR-Unforchers.unr:
  • from package "UT99.org_Community_Map_Pack_2": 40221211
  • from package "UT99.org_CMP2_Patch": 34215297