What is this? (Monster Hunt)

Discussions about UT99
Aldebaran
Masterful

What is this? (Monster Hunt)

Post by Aldebaran »

In some maps you can find these objects. I know them as weapon extension in Unreal 1.
But in Monster Hunt with Nali Weapons 3 I can't collect these objects and they do not trigger any reaction when I touch them as far as I can see.

So for what are these?
Attachments
pic.jpg
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Re: What is this? (Monster Hunt)

Post by Old UT Veteran »

That's a Dispersion Pistol Power-up. It works only with the Dispersion Pistol (default weapon in Unreal).

https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Disper ... ol_Powerup
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Available in MH504, in some XC_MH when I'll get it done, and available for months in some of MH2 types which I did :mrgreen: .
Other stuff is Amplifier. Usually I have them even in DM which I play, an ASMD amplified is a real devastator. If you guys are playing only NW you will never entirely know UT as it is. WeaponPowerup works with default DispersionPistol and Amplifier makes it another devastator when Dipersion has PoweLevel4 - RED projectiles, and they become bigger ones. I worked my ass to bring them in MH because... Shrimp forgot them, or ignored them.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Gotta love power up! :)
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I'm for redesigning the Dispersion Pistol. Design wise it was the ugliest gun in Unreal. But I liked the power-up function.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Yeah, it's the DispersionPistol's powerup... although I do have a rocketlaunch mutator where it's a slow moving projectile that cruises around a map and shoots at other players who aren't you.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

papercoffee wrote:I'm for redesigning the Dispersion Pistol. Design wise it was the ugliest gun in Unreal. But I liked the power-up function.
Just DO it! :tongue:

Actually, I did not dislike the design, but it always fascinated me imagining a fifth or a sixth powerup (with a model change, of course), since you could get more batteries in the original Unreal than powerups possible. It's like with Super saiyans: They stop at 4 and people like to design infinitely further transformations!
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Old UT Veteran wrote:That's a Dispersion Pistol Power-up.
Yes, but I wonder why I can't collect it. An amplifier is collectable. It activates itself automatically but it shows no effect to anything.
sektor2111 wrote:an ASMD amplified is a real devastator.
So an amplifier is a Power-Up for ASMD weapons?

There is another object that produces a red field, but only at the position where you found it.
I never used one of those things even with standard weapons so in my case it would make sense to change these purposes/functions for these mentioned objects to better ones...
Attachments
WHAT IS THIS?
WHAT IS THIS?
AMPLIFIER
AMPLIFIER
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

WeaponPowerUp is addressing only DispersionPistol - if you don't have it or you have a replacement it won't react at your touch.
Amplifier is a sort of UDamage but addressing 2 things: DispersionPistol and ASMD - NOT other replacements, but child classes (if exist). This pickup is collectable but as mentioned won't do nothing at other stuff than desired Weaponry except bugging HUD with a red foggy thing.
Else some test:
Get a map having these (all of them) and use WTriggerer Mutator with original MH. MH replacements won't be accepted being blocked by WTriggerer, so you can figure how do they work with Original weaponry. Else probably I have to draw a small lousy test Level for clarification.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

editor Dave wrote:
papercoffee wrote:I'm for redesigning the Dispersion Pistol. Design wise it was the ugliest gun in Unreal. But I liked the power-up function.

Actually, I did not dislike the design, but it always fascinated me imagining a fifth or a sixth powerup (with a model change, of course), since you could get more batteries in the original Unreal than powerups possible. It's like with Super saiyans: They stop at 4 and people like to design infinitely further transformations!
Ok I'll come up with an design for it ...I can imagine a new game mode for UT/Unreal as well.
Something like Gun Game where you get a an upgrade for every third kill and loose one if you got hammered and the opponent who hammered you gets the upgrade instead. :mrgreen: Who makes the last three kills with the last upgrade wins.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Well, I bet you can't pick up the flares too. The red sticks laying around, and you kick them and lights come on? Yeah, that.

Most of the times, there are working in Unreal game and in MH in UT here is a different set up. So you couldn't pick up the forcefield (pink lazer device), flare, etc. due to broken inventory chain in MH whatever version you are playing or whatever server have that set up.

If you played Unreal Coop, you'd see why it is more functional there than just UT's MH from what I've seen.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

editor Dave wrote:
Often discussed, never done · viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4080
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:
editor Dave wrote:
You are right ...time to change this.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

papercoffee wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:
editor Dave wrote:
You are right ...time to change this.
@editor Dave viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11982 :mrgreen: